Summary: I believe that in all of our lives that God has detours on the broad way that leads to death to the narrow way that leads to life. In this outline we list a few of the detours God places along the way to get us from the road to hell to the road that event
Detours off of the Road to Hell!
I believe that in all of our lives that God has detours on the broad way that leads to death to the narrow way that leads to life. In this outline we list a few of the detours God places along the way to get us from the road to hell to the road that eventually leads to heaven.
(Mat 7:13 KJV) Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: (Mat 7:14 KJV) Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
I. The road to hell, paved by the devil with lies is:
B. Many are going that way.
(Joel 3:14 KJV) Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision.
C. It leads to destruction.
II. The road to God is:
1. It is the only way. John 14:6 (KJV) Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
2. It leads to eternal life.
a. Abundant Life. John 10:10 (KJV) The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
b. Peace and Joy. John 14:27 (KJV) Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
c. Few seem to find it: Mat 22:14 For many are called, but few are chosen.
B. However it is for every one. Romans 10:13 (KJV) For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
III. God loves us and has provided a way for everyone to get on the Narrow Way.
A. Here are just a few detours that God has to get us off of the road to destruction to narrow road that leads to eternal life.
1. Local churches. In America we have them everywhere and they are like lighthouses pointing the way to Christ.
2. Testimonies of God’s people as they tell, live and demonstrate the Gospel of Salvation.
3. The Bible with its over 35,000 promises.
4. Gospel literature.
5. Gospel radio and television.
6. Revival meetings, in tents, churches and halls.
7. Street meetings and house-to-house evangelism.
8. Mother’s prayers.
9. There are others but the last one found before the gates of hell, is Jesus Christ, crucified by the side of the road. If you pass this last detour there is no hope in this life or in the life to come.
IV. Everyone can get off of the wide road because God so loved the world. Jesus said in (John 6:37 KJV) All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
A. Let us be a beacon light shining for Jesus calling people from the broad way to the narrow way.
B. We are all workers together with Christ.
C. I close with this.
Psa 40:1 To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
Psa 40:2 He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.