Summary: This sermon is geared toward people seeking how keep the divine spirit of Christ manifested within them.
I. Defileth of A Man
A. It is not waht enters the body that shall defileth a man
1. Defileth is to make dirty
2. Jesus says that defilement has nothing to do with what one eats but rather with what one says and does.
B. It’s the words that leave the mouth that defileth a man
1. Out of the heart comes evil thoughts, murder, unfailthfulness in marriage, vulgar deeds, stealing, telling lies, and insulting others.
2. Jesus reminds them of Isaiah’s prediction that God’s people would honor the Messiah with their lips, walk out the door, and deny him by their lifestyles. This is what an unbelieving word simply finds unbelievable.
II. Blind Man
A. If ye follow a blind man, both shall fall into a ditch.
1.If you decide to follow a non-believer, both of you will end up in the same place.
Our wicked thoughts and affections, words and actions, defile us, and these only. As a corrupt fountain sends forth courrupt streams, a corrupt heart sends forth corrupt reasonings, corrupt appetites and passions, and all the wicked words and actions that come from them. A spiritual understanding of the law of God, and a sense of the evil of sin, will cause a man to seek for the grace of the holy spirit to keep down the eveil thoughts and affections that work within.
IV. Get the real thing
A. Church isn’t a sporting event.
1. The number one purpose of church is to raise the name of the Lord up.
2. Trying to get the most compliments on your appearance.
B. Leaving the Body
C. Going to church to get what you want is the food leaving the body.
1. After receiving a miracle, some decide not to show back up at church.
2. That one time you go to church, it’s the food doing the body good, but when you never come back, it’s the food leaving the body.
D. WHY DON’T YOU GET THE REAL THING!!
V.Invitation to Christ
A. The bible ends with an invitation to the Lord
God has a tabernacle fort he satins, and Satan has a tabernacle for the sinners. The lights of God’s tabernacle are forever burning through Jesus. But the sanctuary of sin will be put out, for God has promised it in Job...Where will you be when the lights go out?
Before you can clean the outside, you must clean the inside.
Stop walking, and talking...start LIVING IT!