Summary: Grace is God’s freely given, unmerited favor toward the sinful and failing, the expression of – forgiving, redeeming, restoring love toward the unworthy.
Exodus “Going Out”
- Gen. ends with the death of Joseph and buried
- To Moses - 430 yrs. – Ex 12:40-41
- Jacob went down to Egypt with 70
- POP time of Exodus – over 600,000 – Num 1:46
- Counting women & children = 3 million?
- Type of the world in bondage to sin
Helpless Bondage – Ex. 1-2
- Ex 1:11-14 WORDS – taskmasters, affliction, burdens, serve, rigour, bitter, bondage
Freedom Our Way Ex 2:11-22
Exodus 3:7–8 (AV)
7 And the LORD said, I have surely seen the affliction of my people which are in Egypt, and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters; for I know their sorrows;
8 And I am come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up out of that land unto a good land and a large, unto a land flowing with milk and honey; unto the place of the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites.
Romans 8:21 (AV)
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
God Reveled – Ex 3
- Common thorn bush ablaze with light
- Ex 3:14 – “I AM”
- 1 Jn 1:1-7
- Jesus – “I AM” The Light Of The World, Bread of life, The Door, Good Shepherd, Resurrection & the Life, Way the truth, and the life, The True vine
- Moses went back to Egypt with nothing but a rod
- Rod = The Word of God (rod used over and over)
10 Plagues – Ex. 7-11
- Two purposes: To set Israel free & Egypt to know who God is
- Represent the uselessness of their gods
To remember them – Bloody frogs Like (lice) Flying (Flies), Cows (death of livestock) but Boiling (boils) Hail, Looks (locust) Dark at First
Exodus 3:15 (AV)
15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.
Exodus 7:17 (AV)
17 Thus saith the LORD, In this thou shalt know that I am the LORD: behold, I will smite with the rod that is in mine hand upon the waters which are in the river, and they shall be turned to blood.
2 Corinthians 4:6 (AV)
6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
Passover- Ex 12-13
Ex 12:6. A innocent lamb to be slain lamb
• 1Cor 2:2. I determined not to know anything among you save Jesus Christ, and Him crucified.
Ex 12:5. A lamb without blemish.
Ex 12:7. Its blood was to be shed and applied to the door-posts.
• 1Pet 1:18,19. Ye were... redeemed... with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot.
Ex 12:46. No bone of it was to be broken.
• Jn 19:36; The the Scripture might be fulfilled,, A bone of Him shall not be broken.
Ex 12:2. Israel’s life as a nation began from the day of the Passover. ''It shall be the first month of the year to you.''