Summary: You can rest assured that if you press in to this point you will have already figured out that the devil will not let up trying to stop you from growing into the person that God wants you to be!
What is Destiny Fellowship?
“Discovering Who I Am”
2 Timothy 2:15 AMP
Study and be eager and do your utmost to present yourself to God approved (tested by trial), a workman who has no cause to be ashamed, correctly analyzing and accurately dividing [rightly handling and skillfully teaching] the Word of Truth.
The Power of the Discovery Classes! This is the place that I began to realize there is a purpose for my life bigger than I ever realized before!
You can rest assured that if you press in to this point you will have already figured out that the devil will not let up trying to stop you from growing into the person that God wants you to be!
Bottom line; the devil knows that as you Discover the plan of God you are going to kick his butt in a major way!
I. Introduction to Discovery Classes
A. The two pillars of the vision
1. The first pillar is the Journey which is the P.E.P. (Pre-Encounter, Encounter, Post- Encounter)
a. The new believer begins the journey to leadership with the Journey to the Cross course. In the Pre-Encounter, solid relationships are formed that help the new believer to develop in the fertile environment of the cell.
To send someone on an Encounter without his first taking the Pre- Encounter course is counterproductive. His heart will not be soft and ready to encounter God.
b. The Journey through the Cross (Encounter) is the place where the new believer encounters himself, the cross, the love of the Father, the power of the Holy Spirit, and the vision of the Principle of Twelve.
c. The Journey with the Cross (Post-Encounter) helps the new believer to stay free and walk in his deliverance. The Post-Encounter gives the new believer the added support and covering to continue to grow. Weekly he is encouraged, prayed for, and fed the Word of God that prepares him to be an overcomer.
2. The second pillar-the Discovery Classes
a. In the Discovery Classes, true disciples are formed and passion is imparted to win souls. The culture and virtues of the kingdom of God are preached so that each new believer will begin embracing them as a way of life.
b. The vision is explained so that the new believer can find his place in it and discover his destiny and gifts.
c. A passion for souls and a strategy of prayer for souls is presented to the new convert so that he can operate in the power of the vision.
d. The theme of the Discovery Classes is "More Than Knowledge." As Jesus said, "The words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life" (John 6:63 NKJV).
e. Those who teach in the Discovery Classes must first show testimony of fruitfulness in the vision in their lives. Only then should they be allowed to teach others. The vision is not for lazy people!
B. Biblical examples for the Discovery Classes
1. Jesus and His twelve (Matt. 9:35-10:5) Jesus carried the needs of the multitudes within His heart. Because He was moved with compassion for humanity, He was willing to take twelve men and train them for leadership. With these twelve men, He planned to win the world!
2. Paul and the School of Tyrannus (Acts 19:1-20) Paul took men and molded them into leaders. After only two years, they had saturated the entire region known as Asia Minor with the message of the Kingdom of God.
II. How the Discovery Classes function
A. The purpose of the Discovery Classes
1. To impart the spirit of the vision-a passion for souls
2. To equip students to conquer through prayer and intercession
3. To train members in the strategy of cells
4. To help participants understand how to develop a team of twelve
5. To see fruitfulness in the life of each student
6. To form and develop each student in the values, or culture, of the vision (TEAMS)
7. To show each student how he can climb the ladder of success
b. Connect / Consolidate
c. Train / Disciple
8. To instill in each student a desire to become a five-star person of influence by following the steps listed below:
* Complete the Pre-Encounter.
* Attend an Encounter Retreat weekend.
* Enroll in and successfully complete Post-Encounter and the Discovery Classes.
* Attend Re-Encounter.
* Open a cell with at least four people. (Those that feel that desire.)
9. To teach each student how he can fulfill the purpose of our church:
Reaching the World One Heart at a Time!
10. To see the objective of the Discovery Classes fulfilled:
Every member become strong in their character and able to lead