Summary: Jairus had faith that Jesus would heal yet that faith was tested three times.
I. The Seekers Humility
A. Who was Jairus?
B. Notice he came the same way the demon possessed man came.
C. He came with the right heart.
1. Submissive Heart Psalms 34:18 (NKJV) 18 The LORD is near to those who have a broken heart, And saves such as have a contrite spirit
2. Sincere Heart. Psalms 145:18 (NKJV) 18 The LORD is near to all who call upon Him, To all who call upon Him in truth.
3. Single minded heart James 1:6 - 8 (NKJV) 6But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. 7For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; 8he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.
a. single minded in who you will believe
b. single minded and who you will serve Matthew 6:24 (NKJV) 24“No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.
D. Prayers of Desperation
1. Desperation does not guarantee that God will answer your prayer
2. We have it said and often believe it that desperate times require desperate measures. Lets try desperate times calls for powerful praying.
3. God allows desperate times to be glorified in our lives.
4. When facing desperate times we feel that God should answer our prayer, when, how and as we pray but the truth of the matter is, that attitude of unbelief, selfish, spiritually immature and has no consideration for the will of God.
5. Desperate time come simply because we live a mortal body in fallen world and things happen, yet we should always be willing to allow God doing something
E. The Seekers Trails
1. The Interruption by the women – “I am desperate why is God delaying?” vs. 30
2. It’s to late God didn’t hear by prayer vs. 35 35While He was still speaking, some came from the ruler of the synagogue’s house who said, “Your daughter is dead. Why trouble the Teacher any further?”
3. Am I willing to swim up stream for God? Vs. 40 40And they ridiculed Him. But when He had put them all outside, He took the father and the mother of the child, and those who were with Him, and entered where the child was lying.
II. The Savior’s Healing
A. The Savior accept Jairus request, with His timing
B. The Saviors’ encouragement - 36As soon as Jesus heard the word that was spoken, He said to the ruler of the synagogue, “Do not be afraid; only believe.
C. The Savior’s company – the parents and Peter, James and John
D. The Saviors’ promise vs 39 39When He came in, He said to them, “Why make this commotion and weep? The child is not dead, but sleeping.” - “Standing on the promises I can not fall, Listening every moment to the Spirit’s call, Resting in my Savior as my all in all”
E. The Saviors’ cleansing vs. 40 “but He had put them all outside” –
F. The Savior’s healing –
G. The Savior Command – feed her.
III. Simple Helpful Hints
A. Whosoever means you
B. The greatest resolve in all the world is to say to God your will be done and be Gloried in my life however you choose.
C. Never fear God is always near. Heb. 13:5-6
D. When nothing make scenes remember God is still in charge – Rev. 1:5