Summary: • Jesus was saying that the church in the last days will point to ministry for validation. They will point to gifts, they will point to ministry, they will point to how many souls were saved. But in all the ministry, all the gifts of the spirit working,
Rev. James White
Crossroads New Life Tabernacle
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Do You Know Him?
• Tonight, I want to take you on a journey. It’s a journey that should begin tonight, and never have an ending. It’s a journey that will lead to the fulfillment of your soul. It’s a journey that offers healing, blessing, the supernatural. It’s a journey that offers more than you and I can comprehend, so let me sum it this way. It’s a journey that will never end that will lead you into things you will never comprehend.
• The word of the Lord came to this church through tongues and interpretation last Sunday night. “Seek My face and I will show you my face, I will show you ways that you may not comprehend. I am your God, I will sustain you, I will make a way where there seems no way. Seek My face and I will show you my face”.
• This is an invitation to Know Him church. This is an open invitation to get intimate before Him. This is our invitation to become naked and transparent before Him. This has become our invitation to move into something we have never known before.
• Since December, I have been searching the scriptures. I have been opening myself up to whatever God wants for my life. I have been searching for answers to why I am not used in the magnitude as I the early church was. I have been searching why my church is not experiencing the signs and wonders as our forefathers. I have been searching for answers and in my search, God has began to speak to me about me. He has been speaking to me about my relationship. He has been speaking to me about the level in which I know Him. And so, I want to convey a message that God has been speaking to James, because I believe it’s a message for the CRNLT.
• Thursday night I sat in my living room watching a DVD and wheeping before the Lord under conviction. I was convicted by what the preacher on that DVD was saying, and the more he spoke the more I became broken before the Lord. I will be using some of the things that he spoke into my life from the pulpit, because it’s a confirmation of the journey I began in December.
• We are one of the most innovative churches in Deville. We have set trends that other churches are beginning to follow. We have some of the greatest music, greatest programs, and some of the greatest outreach ideas. We are a cutting edge church, but I must come to this pulpit tonight and tell you, being the cutting edge church in Deville is not working.
• Dr. Gerald Jeffers at Because of the Times a preachers conference held just two weeks ago said, “Winning souls sometimes comes out of guilt or condemnation. Most soulwinning conferences are guilt driven. Sometimes we are guilty of placing ministry over relationship and God becomes jealous. We preach about winning souls and we make souls the focal point and it no longer becomes about Him, but about the programs and cutting edge ideas that reach souls.
• I must tell you, programs are great and innovative ideas are great, but I believe God is calling this church to seek after Him more than we seek souls, healing, and the gifts.
• If we seek after Him, then we will get all of this…
God is a jealous God…Ex 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
• He does not want us putting anything before Him. Nothing…I have been looking at my life, at my church, at my surrounding and saying, what is getting in the way of my relationship with Him. What is keeping me from receiving what God wants to give me.
• I have not gone crazy. I have not lost my mind. Please listen to me tonight as I try to bring what God has been speaking to me. There are things that come into our lives that can be preached, taught, or spoken into our lives that we allow to replace the relationship that God longs for with a false sense of security.