Summary: Today is Father’s Day. I want to give every Dad a leadership message today. As you go… So goes your family. Let’s talk specifically about faith today… Don’t Drop the Ball
I. STAY THE COURSE
1 Chronicles 16:11 AMP Seek the Lord and His strength; yearn for and seek His face and to be in His presence continually!
• Persevere - continued pursuit or prosecution of (Websters)
A. In Prayer - Ephesians 6:18 CEV Never stop praying, especially for others. Always pray by the power of the Spirit. Stay alert and keep praying for God's people.
B. In Well-Doing - Galatians 6:9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
C. In the Gospel
21. And you, who once were alienated and hostile in mind, doing evil deeds,
22. he has now reconciled in his body of flesh by his death, in order to present you holy and blameless and above reproach before him,
23. if indeed you continue in the faith, stable and steadfast, not shifting from the hope of the gospel that you heard, which has been proclaimed in all creation under heaven, and of which I, Paul, became a minister.
II. HOW DO WE STAY THE COURSE?
A. By having confidence in God’s work in and through us! - Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:
B. Come into the revelation of our position in Christ! WE ARE IN GOD’S HAND!
John 10:27-30 NIV
27. My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.
28. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.
29. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand.
30. I and the Father are one.”
C. Walk in Covenant with God! - Jeremiah 32:40 I will make with them an everlasting covenant, that I will not turn away from doing good to them. And I will put the fear of me in their hearts, that they may not turn from me.
D. Stay in Faith!
3. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4. To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
5. Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
6. Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:
7. That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
E. Stay Faithful - Hebrews 3:1-6, 14
1. (V2) Moses was faithful
2. (V6) Jesus was faithful
3. (14) We should be faithful… “hold our original confidence firm to the end.”
III. STAY FOCUSED
A. On The Cross - 1 Corinthians 1:17-18 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect. 18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
B. On The Word
1. The Word is your instruction manual to navigate to course of life. (Teach it to your kids)
2. The Word is your Weapon against the enemy. You are not defenseless against the enemy that wars against you and your family. YOU JUST HAVE TO LEARN HOW TO USE YOUR WEAPON!
12. For the Word that God speaks is alive and full of power [making it active, operative, energizing, and effective]; it is sharper than any two-edged sword, penetrating to the dividing line of the breath of life (soul) and [the immortal] spirit, and of joints and marrow [of the deepest parts of our nature], exposing and sifting and analyzing and judging the very thoughts and purposes of the heart.
13. And not a creature exists that is concealed from His sight, but all things are open and exposed, naked and defenseless to the eyes of Him with Whom we have to do.
C. On YOUR FAMILY (It’s Your Family…)
1. Pray over them - OUT LOUD!
2. Proclaim blessings over them every day! Life and death are in the power of your tongue. As the Dad, you stand in the position of authority, covering, protection and provision over their lives.
3. Play with them and you will… Produce fruit for the Kingdom with them!