Summary: How to stir up the fire of God inside of you and keep it burning at all times
2 Tim. 1:6-6
- Stir up the gift of God that is in you. Paul is encouraging his son in the faith
- Don’t let anything or anyone discourage you.
- It’s our responsibility to keep that fire burning.
#1. The enemy will trie to use people and situations to stomp off, put out or steal your fire, Thats his job.
John 10:10 says; "The thief does not come exept to steal, to kill and to destroy. I have come so that you may have life and have it more abundantly."
A. Things that will extinguish your fire.
1. Fleshly, negative christians will extinguish your fire.
* Talking to these people is like crossing a battery. They give you a cross circuit.
* All they see is the negative side of things.
* They see all the obstacles. (The twelve spies, ten were fleshlly and tried to put out the fire of the other two).
* If you hang out with negative people your flame will always be week.
1 Timothy 4:7 says; "Reject profane and old wives fables, and exercise yourself toward Godliness."
2 Tim. 2:16, "Shy away from profane and idle talk, for they will increase to more ungodliness"
"DON’T LET ANYONE STOMP OUT YOUR FIRE !!!"
#2. The challenges of life will put out your fire.
Jesus said; "In the world you will have tribulations(trials, distress, frustration) but be of good cheer(take courage, be confident) for I have overcome the world".
* The amplified version says; "I have taken away from the world the power to harm you."
#3) Idleness, procrastination and lazyness will put off your fire.
* Idleness is not doing anything
* Procrastination is leaving it for tomorrow.
* Lazyness is saying; "I’m to tired , I don’t feel good right now, I don’t have any time, etc.
Prov. 18:9, "He who is idle or lazy in his work is a brother to him who is a great destroyer."
#4. Foolishness will stomp out your fire.
* Foolish thinking( in the parable of the ten virgians, five were wise and the other five were foolish)
* The foolish lost out because they counted on somebody else to do what they should have done for themselves.
"DON’T LET ANY OF THESE THINGS STOMP OUT YOUR FIRE!!"
1. It’s your duty to God to keep the fire burning, 2 Tim.4:2,5
2. Your diligence and fire for God will help you in every area of your life, Prov.10:4, Prov. 13:4