Summary: Jesus the seed of the woman
Don’t Put Away the Promise
1. Jesus is the Christ.
2. He has a human ancestry.
3. He has a Jewish ancestry.
4. He has a Gentile ancestry.
5. He has a royal ancestry.
6. He has a lowly ancestry.
7. He has a holy ancestry.
8. He has an imperfect ancestry.
9. He has a mortal ancestry.
10. He has an immortal.
Jesus is the Greek form of Joshua, which means the Lord saves.
1. His natural suspicion.
2. His merciful determination.
3. We need the tempering of justice with mercy, and mercy with justice.
After he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, "Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins." (Matt 1:20-21 (quickview) )
The Name of Promise
3) Mercy - As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him; for he knows how we are formed, he remembers that we are dust. (Ps 103:13-14)
4) Security - Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." (Deut 31:6)
5) Victory - for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God. (1 John 5:4-5 (quickview) )
6) Justification - This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. (Rom 3:22-24)
7) Adoption - We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has? (Rom 8:22-24)
8) Heaven - And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." (Rev 21:3-4)
9) Glory - And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified. (Rom 8:30)