Summary: We can get up everyday and face the day and what ever it brings with out losing our joy.
TITLE: DON’T WORRY BE HAPPY
TEXT: I PETER 1:8
INTRO: A lot of people just cannot seem to shake the blues. Depression sets in on their lives and nothing seems to be able to pull them out. Every time you see them they have something that has gone wrong in their lives.
We have a reason to be happy. We have a lot of reasons to be filled with joy. We can get up everyday and face the day and what ever it brings with out losing our joy. Satan desires to steal your joy because a depressed Christian is not effective.
1. God has made a provision for me
2. He said He loves me
3. When I deserved death / He made a way for me
1. He chose me
2. New nature
3. New name
4. New Life
5. New DNA (Divine Nature of the Almighty)
6. With all of my imperfections He said I was His Child
7. With adoption comes authority of Father
8. Satan has no power over me
1. He is own my side
2. When Satan stands to accuse me Christ enters and says He belongs to me I bought him.
3. When Satan brings condemnation Christ brings liberation
1. I have no got to worry about my life because God is in control
2. He will not abandon me
3. He will never allow me to go without me needs being met
4. He will never allow Satan to destroy me in battle but will rise up as a defender and protector to remove the enemy from my life
1. With family come blessings
2. I’ve a home prepared with the saints abide, just over in the glory land
3. A city where streets are gold and walls are jasper and an eternity of worship
Conclusion: Old Song that says:
Why should I feel discouraged, why should the shadows come,
Why should my heart be lonely, and long for heaven and home,
When Jesus is my portion? My constant friend is He:
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.
I sing because I’m happy,
I sing because I’m free,
For His eye is on the sparrow,
And I know He watches me
I don’t need to feel defeated/ depressed/ discouraged/
My God is working in my life to bring about Joy and Hapiness