Summary: A message on people in the church trying to put on the Pharisee's face and call others out on their sin.
Drop the Stones
1. Jesus went unto the mount of Olives.
2 And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them.
3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,
4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.
7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.
9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.
1. We should never publicly announce another Christian brother’s or sister’s sins. It is personal and private.
2.Pastor’s wife destroys family.
I have friends that lost their son, daughter in-law, and grandchild in a car wreck. At the hospital the pastor’s wife told the mother it was her fault, this is God’s judgement on her for unconfessed sin. How horrific a pastor’s wife would take time after such a tragedy to blame this poor lady. She needed to Drop the Stones!
3. The Disease of: I know it all, Proverbs 14:12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
We cannot force anyone to repent. They must come on that decision on their own. Repentance is personal and private and should be treated that way. So, knowing someone else’s sin or mistakes we need to love, support, and comfort them. Then they may be led to repentance by our love for them. Not by our calling them out so to speak. We cannot decide for them when it is time to repent.
4. It is not our job to go about the church calling members out on their sin. Provided that sin is not against the church or another member. We are neither judge or jury over sin and repentance.
It is our duty as Christians to love, support, counsel and help a fellow Christian through their struggles. John 15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
5. John 14:6 No man cometh to the Father but by me. As a Christian we are only to seek Jesus for repentance. We go to Jesus who takes it to our Father God. We don’t seek it just to feel better. We don’t go to men to appease them. True repentance is in private alone with God.
6. You are the only one accountable for your sin.
John 3:17-18, For God sent his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
He that believeth on him is not condemned; but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.