Summary: Painted rocks are the big thing people drop them somewhere and someone else picks them up. I wonder if something was written on those stones that witnessed to David like, "Fear Not", "I Believe", "God is Able", "I can go in these", or "remember me".
“DROP THE ROCK” 1 Samuel 17: 40
• This is exactly what these folks do with these rocks they drop them somewhere and someone else will pick up the rock
• WE can Drop the rock, Keep the rock , Hide the rock you decide” Keep or hide you decide The bible says David picked up 5 smooth stones , vs 40 chose five smooth stones from the stream, put them in the pouch of his shepherd's bag
1.This extreme exaggeration someone dropped the rock and David picked up the rock The first stone
David picked up had written on it “FEAR NOT” listen to his bravery
• Goliath, the Philistine champion from Gath, stepped out from his lines and shouted his usual defiance, and David heard it 26Who is this uncircumcised Philistine that he should defy the armies of the living God?"
• Perhaps he had read the words of the Prophet Isaiah he who formed you, O Israel: 2Fear not, When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; Fear not, when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. Fear not, When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.
2. Someone dropped a Second Rock and David Picked up the 2nd rock written on it was "I believe"
• 32David said to Saul, "Let no one lose heart on account of this Philistine; I will go and fight him. “Because I believe”
• David remembered the words of Jehoshaphat "we have no power to face this vast army that is attacking
us. We do not know what to do, but our eyes are upon you." I Believe - 2 Chronicles 20:12
• David remembered what the Chronicler had written ": 7"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or discouraged because of the king of Assyria for there is a greater power with us than with him. 8With him is the arm of flesh, but with us is the LORD our God to help us and to fight our battles." And the people gained confidence from what Hezekiah the king. " I Believe
3. Someone has dropped the Third Rock David picks up the third rock written on it "God is Able"
• 33Saul replied, "You are not able to go out against this Philistine and fight him; you are only a boy,." 34But David said to Saul, "Your servant has been keeping his father's sheep. When a lion or a bear came and carried off a sheep from the flock, 35I went after it, struck it and rescued the sheep from its mouth. When it turned on me, I seized it by its hair, struck it and killed it. 36Your servant has killed both the lion and the bear; this uncircumcised Philistine will be like one of them,. 37The LORD who delivered me from the paw of the lion and the paw of the bear will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine." God Is Able
• I am not able but God is Able Perhaps he recalled the words of Daniel 16Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego said, to the King17If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to save us
• King Nebananesser asked Daniel , has your God, been able to rescue you from the lions? "21Daniel answered, ! 22My God sent his angel, and he shut the mouths of the lions. O King My God is Able
4. Someone dropped a Fourth Rock David picked up that rock and written on it "I can go in these"
• 38Then Saul dressed David in his own tunic. He put a coat of armor on him and a bronze helmet on his head. 39David fastened on his sword over the tunic and tried walking around, because he was not used to them. "I cannot go in these," he said to Saul, "because I am not used to them." So he took them off.
5.Someone dropped The Fifth Rock David picks up the rock written on it was "Remember the Rock" The only Stone needed the only stone that was Cast against the Giant was the Rock
• 49Reaching into his bag and taking out a stone, he slung it, struck the Philistine on the forehead.
• Remember The Rock is Jesus He is the Rock and I Fear Not
• Remember The Rock is Jesus and I believe in Him
• Remember Jesus is the Rock that is Able to Rescue the perishing
• Remember Jesus is the Rock and I can go in Him
• Remember Jesus is the Rock of Ages and I am standing on the Solid Rock safe from all the storms that rage I am standing on the solid Rock and that Rock is Jesus
• Remember He is the Rock of my salvation Keep the Rock, Hide the Rock, You decide