Summary: A message on Christian growth.
DWARFS IN HEAVEN
INTRO: We all were born into this world. There is no other way of getting into it. It was the beginning of all to which we have attained. We began as little, strengthless babies.
The Christian is born into the kingdom of Christ. There is no other way of getting into it. The Christian begins as little, strengthless babies in Christ. But the Christian doesn’t have to remain a spiritual baby.
I. SPIRITUAL BIRTH IS A DECLARATION OF SPIRI
A. Growth is the logical sequence of birth.
B. If we can determine what helps and what hinders
growth we can determine how to avoid being a dwarf.
1. Right food and exercise develops the physical
2. Lack of them hinders physical growth.
3. Poor hygiene hinders and injures as well.
C. The same things are true for the spiritual life with the
1. Scriptural evidence of babyhood (1. Cor. 3:1-2;
2. Conversation of a Christian reveals his inner
3. What one prays for shows the condition of
II. GROWTH DEPENDS ON FOOD AND IT’S CONSUMPTION.
A. The same hand that fashioned our physical bodies:
1. With the functions and need for food:
2. Gave us our need for spiritual food.
B. Feed a child candy, and give him only cokes to drink,
and he will be unhealthy, stunted in his growth.
C. The mind is the avenue of the soul. Feed it trash and a
dwarfed condition will develop.
D. Apply the same rules of the physical body to the soul
III. SPIRITUAL GROWTH IS ATTAINABLE BY ALL.
A. Shall a child remain a child?
B. Shall a Christian remain a babe in Christ?
C. Spiritual food and its consumption is the secret of
CONC: All are helps in spiritual growth.