Summary: What made the USA great is what will make the church great also
E Pluribus Unum
1. After having been around many different groups of folks from the Haiti sale, I wondered even though we could gather around to help the Haitian, why could we not gather around Christ and celebrate?
What has happened to our Christianity, that it now divides us instead of uniting us?
2. I saw a lot of religion, but how much was true Christianity?
How much was indeed true brotherhood?
1. E Pluribus Unum- (EE PLOOR-uh-buhs YOOU-nuhm)-
1. Come from the Latin, out of many, one
2. The thirteen colonies banded together and united under one goal, to become ONE NATION
3. AND NEVER FORGET--- Under God!!!!
We, in our national infancy, did not bow to pressure to get rid of God…
If you didn’t like to say the name of God, then don’t but don’t dare to tell me not to
Back in the olden days, we did not take God from our schools, we invited him in…
2. Who else said something like E Pluribus Unum?
1. John 10:16- Other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.
2. Revelation 5:9- And they sung a new song,…for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
3. And finally, that crowning passage of all scriptures… John 17:20-23
Gr. #1520- Heis- (Hice) that they may be ONE
3. Incredible success & strength comes from working and contributing together
1. Each, in some way, contributed to the success and might of this great
The French explorers opened up the new world
The pilgrims and puritans brought faith to the new world
The Chinese built the railroads.