Summary: God expects His people to do exploits. The catch is that we can only do exploits when we're firmly grafted into Jesus Christ. We must get to "know" God if we would do His works.
EMPOWERED TO DO EXPLOITS
1. Sometimes husbands or wives find themselves in trouble. At a department store a clerk was helping a customer.
2. “Will that be cash, check, or charge?” the clerk asked the woman. As she fumbled for her wallet the clerk noticed a remote control for a television in her purse.
3. “So, do you always carry your TV remote with you?” the clerk asked.
4. “No,” she replied, “but my husband refused to come shopping with me and I figured this was the most evil thing I could do to him legally!”
5. How many of you know that husband is in trouble?
B. TROUBLE? RISE TO THE CHALLENGE!
1. In our text today we find that God’s people are living in times very unfavorable to them.
2. The Gov’t has not only told them they can’t practice their religion in public places, but now has invaded their church services and even private devotions to hinder their faith and promote abominations.
3. But God gives them a powerful and encouraging truth: if you draw near to God He will give us power to conquer/ overcome all the persecution of the devil can muster.
C. TEXT & TITLE
1. “And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall
he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know
their God shall be strong, and do exploits”
Dan. 11:32 KJV.
2. The title of this message is , “Empowered to do Exploits.”
I. GOD WANTS HIMSELF KNOWN
A. A LOOK AT THE VERSE
1. “BUT…” This is an adversative, it states the opposite. Daniel has been describing the apostasy of the Jews, many turning away; disobeying. But some are not! Who is this group?
2. “THE PEOPLE” -- NOT ANGELS, NOT NATURE, or other creatures, but people.
3. “THAT DO KNOW.” The word “know” means “to perceive directly, to experience it yourself; to directly touch through one of your senses. First-hand knowledge!”
4. “THEIR GOD” – AMAZING!
a. It’s one thing to know about computers
“ “ “ construction, doing hair…
b. But to have knowledge of God – a firm grasp, experimental knowledge of the invisible, illimitable, all-powerful Creator. Wow!
c. Reminds me of the boy who was drawing a picture. The teacher asked, “What’s that?” “God.” “Nobody knows what God looks like.” Boy answered, “They will when I get finished!”
1. “No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’ because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest,” declares the Lord.
“For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.” Jer. 31:34.
2. “…but let the one who boasts boast about this: that they have the understanding to know me,
that I am the Lord, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight,” declares the Lord.” Jer. 9:24.