Summary: Our salvation is both eternal and secure
Intro: “Peace be with you!”
I. Unity of Spirits (Romans 8:12-18)
- Joh 20:25 So the other disciples told him, "We have seen the Lord." But he said to them, "Unless I see in his hands the mark of the nails, and place my finger into the mark of the nails, and place my hand into his side, I will never believe."
- 2Co 1:22 and who has also put his seal on us and given us his Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.
- 1Jn 5:10 Whoever believes in the Son of God has the testimony in himself. Whoever does not believe God has made him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has borne concerning his Son.
- 1Jn 5:11 And this is the testimony, that God gave us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
- 1Co 2:12 Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might understand the things freely given us by God.
II. Fruits and Faithfulness (Galatians 5:22-26)
- Joh 20:31 but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.
- Joh_10:10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.
- Jas_3:17 But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere.
- Faithfulness of Jesus
- Heb 13:5 …."I will never leave you nor forsake you."
III. Reliability of the Word
- Rom 10:17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.
- Psa 119:43 And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth, for my hope is in your rules.
- Psa 119:89 Forever, O LORD, your word is firmly fixed in the heavens.
- Psa 119:93 I will never forget your precepts, for by them you have given me life
- Psalm 1