Summary: How should I respond to God’s greatness?
Even Great Faith Is Challenged by Criticism!
FCF: How should I respond to God’s greatness?
PROPOSITION: Because Christ is sovereign, look to Him for wisdom.
I. Humbly acquire God’s wisdom. 12:1-12
Job’s retort to his friends.
A. Criticism can be a source of wisdom (1-6).
Job addresses his friends’ counsel.
1. Job reproves their pride (2-3).
2. Job refutes his disgrace (4-6).
B. Creation can be a source of wisdom (7-12).
Job addresses God’s instruction in wisdom.
1. The earth, sky and sea can provide wisdom (7-9).
2. God has given man the ability to acquire and test knowledge (10-12).
II. Willingly submit to God’s wisdom. 12:13-25
Job’s recounting of God’s sovereign rule.
A. God sovereignty appears over the power of man and nature (13-16).
1. Every elemental force of nature is subject to His rule (13-15).
2. Every evil force of man is subject to His rule (16).
B. God sovereignty appears in the downfall of rulers of every kind (17-25).
1. God rules over all human authorities (17-21).
2. God rules over great nations (22-25).