Summary: Jesus was birth was not just a joyous announcment for the rich, the religious or those of prestige. Jesus’ birth was good news for everyone.
Even Shepherds are Included
That night some shepherds were in the fields outside the village, guarding their flocks of sheep.  Suddenly, an angel of the Lord appeared among them, and the radiance of the Lord’s glory surrounded them. They were terribly frightened,  but the angel reassured them. "Don’t be afraid!" he said. "I bring you good news of great joy for everyone!  The Savior—yes, the Messiah, the Lord—has been born tonight in Bethlehem, the city of David!  And this is how you will recognize him: You will find a baby lying in a manger, wrapped snugly in strips of cloth!"
 Suddenly, the angel was joined by a vast host of others—the armies of heaven—praising God:
 "Glory to God in the highest heaven,
and peace on earth to all whom God favors."
 When the angels had returned to heaven, the shepherds said to each other, "Come on, let’s go to Bethlehem! Let’s see this wonderful thing that has happened, which the Lord has told us about."
 They ran to the village and found Mary and Joseph. And there was the baby, lying in the manger.  Then the shepherds told everyone what had happened and what the angel had said to them about this child.  All who heard the shepherds’ story were astonished,  but Mary quietly treasured these things in her heart and thought about them often.
A Group of Ordinary Men
• Sheep herding was not a position of esteem or influence
• Those who raised the sacrificial lambs were the first to hear that the Lamb of God was here
In the year King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord. He was sitting on a lofty throne, and the train of his robe filled the Temple.  Hovering around him were mighty seraphim, each with six wings. With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with the remaining two they flew.  In a great chorus they sang, "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty! The whole earth is filled with his glory!"  The glorious singing shook the Temple to its foundations, and the entire sanctuary was filled with smoke.
 Then I said, "My destruction is sealed, for I am a sinful man and a member of a sinful race. Yet I have seen the King, the Lord Almighty!"
• The Messiah had come
– A promise of hope fulfilled
– He came for everyone
• Jesus comes to anyone with a heart humble enough to receive Him
• Jesus does not look for extraordinary qualifications
• The angel gave specific directions to find Jesus
• The Bible gives clear directions for you to find Jesus
A Personal Encounter
• The shepherds went and saw Jesus for themselves
• It was not enough to hear the good news, but they needed to experience it firsthand
• Many of us have heard, but we all need to experience firsthand the glory of Christ
• Jesus is your Lord, Your Messiah…do you run each day to meet Him?
Go And Tell
• The shepherds were so excited about what the angel had told them, that they had to go see