Summary: If All Women Were Removed From The Average Local Church, It would grind to a halt. Women hold a vital place in the church. Most work while men stand & talk. They are more dependable & have greater commitment than men. Deborah stepped in when the men stepped out.
EVERYTHING CAME TO A STANDSTILL UNTIL THERE AROSE A MOTHER
1. Judges 4 When Ehud was dead, the children of Israel again did evil in the sight of the Lord. 2 So the Lord sold them into the hand of Jabin king of Canaan, who reigned in Hazor. The commander of his army was Sisera, who dwelt in Harosheth Hagoyim. 3 And the children of Israel cried out to the Lord; for Jabin had 900 chariots of iron, and for 20 years he had harshly oppressed the children of Israel. 4 Now Deborah, a prophetess, the wife of Lapidoth, was judging Israel at that time. 5 And she would sit under the palm tree of Deborah between Ramah and Bethel in the mountains of Ephraim. And the children of Israel came up to her for judgment. 6 Then she sent and called for Barak the son of Abinoam from Kedesh in Naphtali, and said to him, “Has not the Lord God of Israel commanded, ‘Go and deploy troops at Mount Tabor; take with you 10,000 men of the sons of Naphtali and of the sons of Zebulun; 7 and against you I will deploy Sisera, the commander of Jabin’s army, with his chariots and his multitude at the River Kishon; and I will deliver him into your hand’?” 8 And Barak said to her, “If you will go with me, then I will go; but if you will not go with me, I will not go!” 9 So Deborah said, “I will surely go with you; nevertheless there will be no glory for you in the journey you are taking, for the Lord will deliver Sisera into the hand of a woman.” Then Deborah arose and went with Barak to Kedesh. 13 So Sisera gathered together all his chariots, 900 chariots of iron, and all the people who were with him, from Harosheth Hagoyim to the River Kishon. 14 Then Deborah said to Barak, “Up! For this is the day in which the Lord has delivered Sisera into your hand. Has not the Lord gone out before you?” 15 And the Lord confused Sisera and all his chariots and all his army with the edge of the sword before Barak; and Sisera alighted from his chariot and fled away on foot. 16 But Barak pursued the chariots and the army as far as Harosheth Hagoyim, and all the army of Sisera fell by the edge of the sword; not a man was left alive.
2. Judges 5: 1 Then Deborah and Barak the son of Abinoam sang on that day, saying: 3 “Hear, O kings! Give ear, O princes! I, even I, will sing to the Lord; I will sing praise to the Lord God of Israel. 6 “In the days of Shamgar, son of Anath, In the days of Jael, The highways were deserted, And the travelers walked along the byways. 7 Village life ceased, it ceased in Israel, Until I, Deborah, arose, arose a mother in Israel”.
INTRO: EVERYTHING CAME TO A STANDSTILL UNTIL THERE AROSE A MOTHER
Happy Mother’s Day. I want us to celebrate women & mothers today. Let’s stand and celebrate the women of this church. They are strong. Even if as a woman among us today or watching by Facebook you feel downhearted, I come in Jesus’ Name to celebrate the strength in you. You may have felt short, but God has given you immense capabilities. Let it come out this morning.
It Is Stated That If All The Women Were Removed From The Average Local Church, the church would grind to a halt. Women hold a vital place in the church. Most ladies work while most men stand and talk. Women teach our children. They clean and feed us. They are more dependable than most men when it comes to involvement in the church. I thank God for godly, active women!
FEW QUESTIONABLE MOTHERS / WOMEN OF THE BIBLE
1. Lot’s Wife: She lived in Sodom, a city of wickedness. Angels told Lot them: “Flee for your lives! Don’t look back.” She ignored & turned into salt. This was not just a glance backward - she was ready to return to the city. Her daughters were also unsettled. Once a mother, don’t look back.
2. Delilah: The wicked companion of Samson. She bargained with his enemies for money to give them the secret of his strength. She seduced Samson, got the secret and passed it to his enemies (Philistines) who shaved his hair, blinded & bound him in Gaza. Do not betray people for things.
3. Potiphar’s Wife: This beautiful Egyptian woman lusted for Joseph. Enraged by his refusal to jump into bed with her, she accused him of attempted rape and had him thrown into prison. After Joseph’s release, he became second in command in Egypt. Do not be driven by lust & passions.