Summary: Here's the facts that will stop an evolutionist in their tracks
IS EVOLUTION A HOAX?
WHAT PROMINENT SCIENTISTS SAY ABOUT EVOLUTION
1. “Scientists who go about teaching that evolution is a fact of life are great conmen, and the story they are telling may be the greatest hoax ever. In explaining evolution, we do not have one iota of fact.” Dr. Newton Tahmisian, Atomic Energy Commission.
2. “The evolution theory is purely the product of the imagination.” Sir Ambrose Fleming, electrical engineer and physicist.
3. “I believe that one day, the Darwinian myth will be ranked the greatest deceit in the history of science. When this happens, many people will pose the question, ‘How did this ever happen?’” Dr. Soren Lovtrup, Swedish embryologist.
GREATEST FOSSIL EXPERTS SAY, “NO EVIDENCE!”
1. “I will lay it on the line—there is not one such fossil for which one could make a watertight argument.” Dr. Colin Patterson, curator of Fossils at the British Museum of Natural History [Colin Patterson, letter dated April 10, 1979 to Luther Sunderland, quoted in L. D. Sunderland, Darwin's Enigma, p. 89.]
2. "120 years after Darwin….we have even fewer examples of evolutionary transition than we had in Darwin’s time!” Dr. David Raup the leading paleontologist at the Field Museum of Natural History in Chicago. ["Conflicts between Darwin and Paleontology," in the Field Museum of Natural History Bulletin].
3. "No one has found any such in-between creatures….There is a growing conviction among many scientists that these transitional forms never existed." Dr. Niles Eldredge, head of New York City’s American Museum of Natural History in New York City. ["Alternate Theory of Evolution Considered," in Los Angeles Times, November 19, 1978].
4. The evidence is so nonexistent that Fred Hoyle and Chandra Wickramasinghe (an atheist & a Buddhist) wrote Evolution from Space, positing that life must have been flown here from outer space!
EVOLUTION COMPUTER SIMULATION BREAKS DOWN
Murray Eden at MIT and mathematician Marcel P. Schutzenberger developed a computer simulation of evolution using natural selection and random mutations. After repeated attempts to get positive results, Eden’s group were astounded by the fact that, mathematically, none of the mechanisms of evolution could ever produce the positive changes required by evolutionary theory.
COMPLEXITY -- POINTS TO DESIGN
1. THE BRAIN. In man is a 3 pound brain which has a 100 billion neurons intricately linked to each other. The total number of connections in the brain approaches 1015 or 1,000 million million.
2. THE EYE. Your retina is thinner than paper, yet its tiny surface (only 1 inch square) contains 137 million light-sensitive cells. These retina cells perform up to 10 billion calculations per second in determining the nature of the image transmitted to the eye by light photons. No supercomputer on earth is capable of matching these virtually instantaneous calculations.
3. INSULIN. Isaac Asimov estimated there are 8 x 1027 (eight followed by 27 zeros) different possible combinations of an insulin-like proteins. For the sake of argument, let's assume that each second that the universe has existed, a different combination of an insulin-like protein is produced. After 10 billion years, we would have approximately 3 x 1017 (three followed by 17 zeros) different combinations or approximately one ten-billionth of all the possible combinations of insulin. To produce all the combinations, we would need to wait an additional 10 billion times the presently supposed age of the universe -- 100 quintillion years.
4. HEMOGLOBIN. Asimov estimates 135 followed by 165 zeros as the different combinations of hemoglobin. This number is larger than all the atoms in the universe! To produce the one combination of hemoglobin that our body uses would require a hemoglobin factory that would consume 10 sextillion universes every second and would require 10 trillion trillion years to produce all the different combinations!
5. DNA. DNA is a code, a language of the highest order. The language of DNA is a molecular language, made up of nucleotide letters -- the ultimate limit of miniaturization. The DNA is a blueprint that not only describes, but directs, step by step, the assembling of lifeless chemicals into a complete organism with all its functional arrangements; from one cell to trillions, producing a multitude of organic factories, all interacting together to complete the purpose for which the creature was designed before its first cell was formed!
The amount of information in the 3 billion base pairs in the DNA in every human cell is equivalent to that in 1,000 books of encyclopedia size. It would take a person typing 60 words per minute, eight hours a day, around 50 years to type the human genome. And if all the DNA in your body’s 100 trillion cells was put end to end, it would reach to the sun (90,000,000 miles away) and back over 600 times! [“Genome Facts,” Nova Online, www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/genome /facts.html]
Francis Collins, the scientist who led the team that cracked the human genome, says, "When you have for the first time in front of you this 3.1 billion letter instruction book that conveys all kinds of information…you can't survey that…without a sense of awe….and…a vague sense that this is giving me a glimpse of God's mind." Steven Swinford [“I’ve found God, says man who cracked the genome,” June 11, 2006; www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article673663.ece]