Summary: In order to persue excellence, you must set your priorities
Commitment To Excellence - Part 8
(Mat 6:33) But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
(Mat 22:37-38) Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment.
(Col 1:18) And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
Introduction: The Way of Joy
A. Jesus 1st
B. Others 2nd
C. Yourself 3rd
I. Matthew 6:33
A. Your part
1. Seek first God’s kingdom -
2. Seek first God’s righteousness -
B. God’s Part
1. Add to you
2. All these things
A. The question of the crowd - “Which Commandment is the greatest?”
B. The response of Jesus - “Love God first!”
A. The requirement - Give Jesus the preeminent place in your life.
B. The reasons:
* (Col 1:13) Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
* (Col 1:14) In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
* (Col 1:15) Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
* (Col 1:16) For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
* (Col 1:17) And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.