Summary: Studies from Jude
I. The Application of Enoch?s Prophecy (vs. 16)
A. Against murmurers and complainers
1. indicative of unbelief
2. indicative of unthankfulness
B. Against self-indulgent
2. Philippians 3:18-19 "(For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:  Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)"
C. Against boastful extravagance
1. 2 Peter 2:18 "For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error."
2. Matthew 7:15 "Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves."
D. Against parasitical favoritism
1. Psalms 12:3-4 "The LORD shall cut off all flattering lips, and the tongue that speaks proud things:  Who have said, With our tongue will we prevail; our lips are our own: who is lord over us?"
2. James 2:1-3 "My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons.  For if there come unto your assembly a man with a gold ring, in goodly apparel, and there come in also a poor man in vile raiment;  And ye have respect to him that wears the gay clothing, and say unto him, Sit thou here in a good place; and say to the poor, Stand thou there, or sit here under my footstool:"
II. A Call to Remembrance (verses 17-19)
A. Remember the warnings of the Apostles (verses 17-18)
1. 2 Timothy 3:1-4 "This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.  For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,  Without natural affection, truce breakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,  Traitors, heady, high-minded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;"
2. 2 Peter 2:1 "But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction."
3. 1 John 2:18 "Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time."
B. Remember five facts about the false teachers. (verses 18-19)
1. These false teachers would be mockers.
? 2 Peter 3:3 "Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,"
2. They walk after their own ungodly lusts.
a. They live, as they want.
b. Indulge and gratify the flesh
c. Feeling better has become more important to us than finding God or doing His will.
3. They will seek to cause division within the church.
? James 2:1-4 "My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons.  For if there come unto your assembly a man with a gold ring, in goodly apparel, and there come in also a poor man in vile raiment;  And ye have respect to him that weareth the gay clothing, and say unto him, Sit thou here in a good place; and say to the poor, Stand thou there, or sit here under my footstool:  Are ye not then partial in yourselves, and are become judges of evil thoughts?"
4. They are sensual ? worldly, carnal.
? They believe man can approach God through the works of their hands
? They believe that one can be saved through rites and rituals.
5. They do not have the Spirit of God.
? Romans 8:9 "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his."