Stand Fast (1-3)
A. In the Lord
1. Brethren dearly beloved 2X
2. Joy and crown
C. In the same mind
I. In the work of reconciliation
ÎYokefellowâ ö proper name (Syzygus)
1. Play on words
I. Rejoice Fervently (4)
A. Repeated twice
1. Nehemiah 12:43, "Also that day they offered great sacrifices, and rejoiced: for God had made them rejoice with great joy: the wives also and the children rejoiced: so that the joy of Jerusalem was heard even afar off."
2. Continual practice (always)
1. Luke 10:20b, "but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven"
2. 1 Thess. 5:16, "Rejoice evermore"
C. Live Faithfully (5)
A. To all men
1. ÎModerationâ ö gentle, patient, mild.
B. The Lord is near
1. Living expectantly as citizens of Heaven.
C. Pray Frequently (6)
A. Donât be anxious (careful)
1. Prayer ö worship, public prayer
2. Supplication ö private prayer
C. Always be thankful
1. 1 Thess. 5:18, "In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you"
2. Be specific (petitions)
C. Rest Fitfully (7)
A. Peace of God
1. Surpasses all human explanation
B. Guard your hearts and minds
1. ÎMount guardâ over our hearts & minds
2. Guard against fear, worry, uncertainty
C. Through Christ Jesus
1. Through our relationship with Him
2. Through His work for us (intercessor)
3. Heb. 7:25b, "seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them"