Summary: The Great Blessing Of Being United With Christ!
“United We Stand!”
Exploring The Mystery Of Our Union With Christ!
1. IE: Several Months Now - If You Drive Down Main Street In Greenfield, Met With Patriotic Banners - Red, White & Blue - Phrase: “United We Stand!” - Set Up To Show Support For Our Nation & Our Troops, Fighting For Freedom In Faraway Lands - Important & Powerful Truth - Christ Said “If a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand” (Mark 3:24-25) - There Are A Great Many Benefits To Standing United!
- There Is Strength (IE: Ganging Up Against Bullies)
- There Is Power (IE: Politicians Getting Most Votes)
- There Is Comfort (IE: “Misery Loves Company!”)
2. For Christians, However, There Is Another Unity – Greater Than Any National, Social, Or Familial Bond Combined!
- Christians Are United With Their Savior Jesus Christ!
- For The Christian, There Are Also A Great Many Benefits To Standing United With Christ – Too Many To Count (IE: As The Sands On The Seashore!)
3. The Doctrine Of A Christian’s Union With Christ:
- Is A Great Blessing For Christians!
- Because It Is A Fact!
- 1 Corinthians 1:30 - “But of him are ye in Christ Jesus!”
- Your Union With Christ Is Personal! God Himself Placed You There! (“Of Him”)
- Your Union With Christ Is Present! It Is Something That You Possess In Your Life Right Now! (“Are”)
- Your Union With Christ Is Permanent! It Is Secure, And There Will Never Be A Separation! (“In”)
- Also, Is A Great Mystery For Christians!
- You May Have Questions About Your Union With Christ!
- How Can I Be United With Christ?
- What Does It Mean To Be United With Christ?
- How Do I Experience This Unity With Christ?
- The Bible Speaks Of This Union As A Mystery (“Something Hidden, Something Beyond Human Knowledge” - Charles Hodge)
- Ephesians 5:31-32 - “For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.”
- 1 Corinthians 1:26-27 - “Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:”
4. We Are Going To Explore The Mystery Of Our Union With Christ!
- IE: “Clue” Game - A Murder Has Been Committed - Each Player Travels To Different Rooms Inside The Mansion (The Playing Board) - In Each Room, They Can Gather Clues Which They Can Piece Together To Understand More About The Mysterious Crime, And Eventually Solve It!
- The Entire New Testament Is The Mansion Through Which We Will Travel, From Room To Room Gathering Clues About The Mystery Of Our Union With Christ!
- But, Unlike “Clue”, You Will Never Be Able To Completely Solve This Mystery! So Why Explore?
- To Believe In Your Union With Christ More!
- To Understand Your Union With Christ Better!
- To Experience Your Union With Christ Better!