Summary: God has given us the antidote for loneliness and broken relationships: Fellowship with one another in Jesus Christ.
• What caused the fall of man? When they disobeyed God – they sinned – it destroyed their relationship with God. This ultimately affected their relationship with one another.
• When we sin – rebel against God – it leads to guilt, which damages our relationship with God, which leads to shame and affects the way we think about ourselves.
• This caused them to hide from God and cover themselves from seeing each other.
“And He said, "Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree of which I commanded you that you should not eat?" Then the man said, "The woman whom You gave to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I ate." And the Lord God said to the woman, "What is this you have done?" The woman said, "The serpent deceived me, and I ate."” (Gen. 3:11-13).
• Sin – rebellion – leads to guilt, then shame, fear, hiding, cover-up, and ultimately playing the “Blame Game.”
“But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.” (1 John 1:7).
• What is fellowship? A bunch of fellows in the same ship. Sharing our lives in Jesus.
10 OF THE ONE ANOTHER’S OF THE NEW TESTAMENT:
1. Love ONE ANOTHER John 13:34
2. Honor ONE ANOTHER Rom. 12:10b
3. Accept ONE ANOTHER Rom. 15:7
4. Share the Troubles & Problems of ONE ANOTHER Gal. 6:2
5. Be kind and tenderhearted to ONE ANOTHER Eph. 4:32a
6. Forgive ONE ANOTHER Eph. 4:32b
7. Comfort… with God’s Word ONE ANOTHER 1 Thess 4:18
8. Encourage… daily ONE ANOTHER Heb. 3:13
9. Confess your sins to… (accountability) ONE ANOTHER James 5:16a
10. Pray for ONE ANOTHER James 5:16b
“Two are better than one, Because they have a good reward for their labor. For if they fall, one will lift up his companion. But woe to him who is alone when he falls, For he has no one to help him up…Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him. And a threefold cord is not quickly broken.” (Ecclesiastes 4:9-12).
• God said, “It is not good that man should be alone.”
• He created us to get involved in one another’s lives as His family.
“And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage and warn each other, especially now that the day of his coming back again is drawing near.” (Hebrews 10:25).
• We can’t love, honor, accept, help, forgive, comfort, encourage and pray for one another if we don’t meet together with one another!
• Let’s make a commitment to walk in fellowship with one another!
BENEDICTION: “Now may the Lord of peace Himself give you peace always in every way. The Lord be with you all.” (2 Thess. 3:16).
Beausejour Community Church Website: www.beausejourchurch.ca
Pastor Chris Jordan’s Blog: http://thelandofpromise.blogspot.com/