Summary: Without Faith it is impossible to please God
“Get Out of the Boat”
Mathew 14:22-29 & 2 Corinthians 5:7
For we walk by Faith and not by Sight
Song: I don’t feel no ways tired
Faith- belief and confidence in what you cannot see.
When we were born we are born with five senses. Which is the ability to see, hear, taste, smell, & touch. Because we rely on these senses nature would say if you can’t see it, or hear it, or taste it, or smell it, or touch it then it doesn’t exist.
I’m reminded of a time when my mother was approached by a young man and he said to how do you know God exist? You can’t see, hear, taste, smell or touch him!
Have you ever had a tooth ache?
Truth of the matter is it takes faith to believe that God is God
Eph 2:8 – For by grace are ye saved through faith and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God
We have been trained to go by what our five senses tell us. But faith is proof of the things we cannot prove by our sense or by reason.
Heb 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen. (Faith is presence tense and hope is future tense)
• In other words, faith is laying hold of the unseen realm of hope and bringing it into the realm of reality
• Faith gives substance to hope
• Hope always points to the future, But faith is now!
• Hope says it will come to pass but faith says it’s already here
If you have no expectations or goals, there is nothing for your faith to give substance too.
You got to see it before you see it or you never will see it!
Faith is like a GPS system, and hope is the destination.
The GPS must have a destination before it can tell you how to get there.
Since faith is the GPS system, you must be moving to work; it must be in action.
• You have been looking at your vision board everyday but putting no action behind it.
• Looking at it alone does not make it happen!
Faith without works is DEAD!
In other words, you still have to do something along with believing.
Rom 10:17 Faith comes by hearing and hearing the word of God
And when you hear you have to do! Faith is action!
• You must put your faith into action
Text (In first part of the scripture)
In the beginning of this chapter, Jesus was in the field surrounded by a multitude of people who needed healing. He came to them with compassion and began to heal the sick. The bible tells us that at this time he fed them all with two fish and five loaves of bread, and they all were full.
Matthew 14: Vs.22
After his work was done he sent his disciples away (Read)
Vs. 24 (read)
Here comes that time when you have no choice but to trust him
(be like a tree planted by the rivers of water) Palm tree
Vs. 25-26 Read
Vs. 27-28 (read)
Peter didn’t really walk on water. Our bodies are considered a solid and we know what happens when a solid is put on the surface of water, it sinks quickly. When Peter saw Jesus walking on the water he said if it be thou bid me to come. And Jesus said come, and Peter stepped out on the Word! He told him to COME: C – Only- Me
Vs. 30 -31 – He took his eyes off Jesus – 5 sense got in the way
He allowed the circumstance around him to cause him to sink
• The enemy want to make you loose your focus
• When you loose your focus you can’t stay consistent with anything.
• You start and you stop. It’s time to get to moving
• Stop letting your emotions get in the way
• Put your emotions on schedule (cry at night and work while it’s day)
• Faith brought me this far and faith won’t fail me now
Get out of the Boat!
• Start that business
• Write that book
• Record that album
• Create that podcast
• Start that music training
Don’t allow the fear of getting out of the boat stop you.
Yes your 5 sense may say it don’t look safe but get out of the boat!
Speak the Word:
• Greater is he that is within me; the power lies within me;
• I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me and because he strengthens me,
• I am forgetting those things which are behind me and pressing forward towards the mark for the prize of a high calling. The prize is in front of not behind.