Summary: Can God repair the damage to our lives when we fall?
Genesis 37: 1-11
What dreams do you have for the Lord Jesus Christ? What vision have you received from Almighty God of what he wants to accomplish through your obedience to Him? Without a vision, the people perish!
(1) Joseph had a vision that incurred the intense hatred and betrayal of his brothers to sell him into slavery not only because of his prophetic vision but also because of the favor he enjoyed in his father’s eyes.
(2) Joseph was not only hated by his brothers but was also rebuked by his own loving father, the one who loved him more than anyone else on the face of the earth.
(3) God’s vision never changed though! God’s plan is unchangeable! God’s plan is unmovable! God’s vision is right because He cannot lie and He does not change his mind! He’s the same yesterday, today and tomorrow and He knows the plans He has for us!
Joseph had a good character and he also had a strong faith in God. He believed that God would bring to pass the things He had shown him BUT HE MADE ONE VERY COMMON AND SIMPLE MISTAKE!
It’s a common mistake! One that I’ve made many times in my Christian walk and I’m sure that most of you have made the same mistake also in your life since being saved. THE MISTAKE THAT JOSEPH MADE WAS IN TELLING HIS BROTHERS ALL GOD HAD TOLD HIM! YOU MIGHT SIT THERE SAYING TO YOURSELF, WHY BROTHER MIKE HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT WOULD BE A MISTAKE!
When you share your heart and lay it all out of what God has told you, the people around you then have the ability and the opportunity to tear down that dream and crush your hope in the Lord!
I believe with all of my heart that each and every Christian had high hopes of serving God when they were saved but only 5% of them every lead anybody else to the Lord. When you were first born again to the family of God, you wanted to serve the Lord with every fiber of your being and every breath in your body but the average Christian has a shelf life of only eight weeks in the kingdom. YOU HAD A GREAT HOPE OF DRAWING EVEN CLOSER TO JESUS BUT NOW YOU JUST HOPE YOU’LL POSSIBLY MAKE IT TO HEAVEN. YOU HAD A BURNING DESIRE TO SERVE THE LORD WITH YOUR LIFE BUT NOW IT’S A PROBLEM TO EVEN COME TO CHURCH ON SUNDAY. AMEN? YOUR PRAYERS ASKED TO BE USED GREATLY IN DRIVING BACK THE ENEMY AND BEING USED TO SET OTHER PEOPLE FREE…
BUT SOMEWHERE BETWEEN SALVATION AND SANCTIFICATION, SOMEWHERE BETWEEN THE BLOOD AND RECEIVING THE POWER…
A BATTLE WAS FOUGHT AND YOU SHOWED UP WITH A POCKETKNIFE AGAINST A MACHINE GUN AND THE DEVIL AMBUSHED YOU! NOW YOU AREN’T EVEN SURE IF YOU’RE SAVED MUCH LESS THAT GOD HAS A PLAN FOR YOUR LIFE!
Are you to be wounded forever my friend? Brother Mike you talk like I don’t have to be resigned to the fact of seeing other Christians used by the Holy Spirit and not have any power in my life? Am I to be unfulfilled forever longing in the depths of my heart to be used in the hand of God? Do I have to powerless forever and just watch from the sidelines waiting for my chance to be called into the game?
The mistake that you made was to share those hopes and dreams of what God might do with you to people who pulled you down to their unspiritual level, now wasn’t it? Amen or OME?
In Matthew 7:6 Jesus said something about sharing your hopes and dreams and even the gospel with just everybody and anybody.
"Give not that which is holy unto the dogs neither cast ye your pearls before swine lest the trample them under their feet and then turn again and rend thee."
(1) If more people would wait until the Holy Spirit prompted them to say something or share something, Christians and Christianity itself would be a lot better off
(2) If you had just waited before sharing the priceless treasure of what had been put into your earthen vessel or what God had shown you instead of airing your hopes and dreams to every Tom, Dick and Harry YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN TRANSFORMED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT INSTEAD OF JUST BEING MAINTAINED BY HIM.
In the book of Luke a little young girl was visited by and angel once straight from the throne of Almighty God. Luke 1:30-33 "Fear not Mary, you have been found favor in the eyes of God and you shall bear a son named Jesus who will save his people and he shall reign forever and ever and his kingdom shall have no end."