Summary: What does the Bible say about the role of the ladies in our lives?
A little boy went to his mother and told her that his daddy had just said that they came from monkeys. His mother replied, “Well son, I’ve told you about my side of the family… Now it sounds like your daddy is telling you about his side of the family!”
Genesis 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
I. CREATED TO FLOURISH
Build on the statement from last week, “Whatever you give a woman she will multiply!”
A. If a man provides his lady with the right environment she will become the Proverbs 31 woman!
1. Provide for her
2. Protect her
3. Take away her worries &
4. Love her unconditionally
B. Unleash her for success
1. If she never has to worry about a home to live in, how her babies will eat, being protected… Her creative side will be unleashed.
2. Women are created by God to be:
a. Natural Organizers
II. GOD’S PLAN FOR WOMANHOOD
There’s a Biblical structure found in God’s Word for the conduct of Godly women!
A. Women are natural entrepreneurs.
1. They have a busy psychology.
a. Created to stay busy creating, organizing, multitasking, etc.
B. Ladies beware that you are busy about the right things…
1. 1 Timothy 5:9-13 – Read & Expound
a. The qualifications for taking in widows are found in… (V.10)
b. Bottomline – don’t take in women who create problems!
c. The wrong things are listed in… (V.13)
III. SHE FINDS HER HEADSHIP IN HER GODLY HUSBAND
There seems to be a need in some men today to feel that they should dominate the ladies in their lives. This is not what the what God intended. God’s intention is that you “lead” your lady not destroy her by dominating her!
A. Let’s address the elephant in the room…
1 Timothy 2:12 - But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
1. Usurp – Take a position of power illegally by force. (Oxford Dictionary)
a. to seize and hold (office, place, functions, powers, etc.) in possession by force or without right.
b. Women are not to take over a man’s position illegally and by force…
2. There are numerous places in Scripture where the Bible refers to women speaking!
a. What is it? Be silent or speak?
b. The women at the well went and told “the men” all that Jesus said!
c. Deborah was a Judge in the OT.
d. The impact of women is seen all through the New Testament Church. From teaching Pastors (Timothy) to being successful business women (seller of purple).
B. The blood of Jesus Christ makes us one in Him.
Galatians 3:27-28 - For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 - There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
1. Taking off the law and putting on Christ.
2. The Apostle Paul was coming from a culture that demeaned women. The concept (or idea) that God could actually use women was foreign to their culture.
a. Jesus made everything new!
C. Illustration with Scaffold
1. The success or failure of a woman in ministry is very much related to her relationship with her husband.
2. It’s important to be connected correctly.
3. Reaching higher and seeing farther is dependent upon the help that we allow in our lives.
CLOSING: PRAY FOR ALL THE LADIES IN THE ROOM!