Summary: How to have JOY that the world cannot take away!
Filled With HIS Joy!
Psa 122:1 “ I was glad when they said to me,
“Let us go into the house of the LORD.”
INTRO: We sang a song some years ago that said:
Get all excited, go tell everybody that Jesus Christ is King, Repeat….
Jesus Christ is the King of Kings.
1. We have a reason to be excited today.
2. We don’t need to hide it, I think not only will we like it but I feel like it would please God.
ILL. Don’t grin in church
In church one Sunday a small child was turning around smiling at everyone. He wasn’t gurgling, spitting, humming, tearing the hymnbooks apart, or rummaging through his mother’s purse. He was just smiling. Suddenly his mother jerked him around, and in a stage whisper that everyone could hear, and said, "Stop that grinning. You’re in church!”
1. David was excited about God,
2. He was stirred in his Spirit by the things of God.
3. When the Ark of the Covenant was returned to Jerusalem he
celebrated, he danced in the streets before the Ark “with all
We have a reason to be JOYFUL today
ILL. HAPPY TO GO TO THE FUNERAL
A woman testified to the transformation that had taken place in her life through her Christian conversion: "I’m so glad I got religion!" she declared. "I have an uncle I used to hate so much I vowed I’d never go to his FUNERAL! But now - why, I’d be happy to go to his funeral ANY TIME!"
I. Things That Bring Us Joy
1. New Things
A. Everyone likes new things
1. - New clothes we cannot wait to wear
2. New car; That smell
3. New baby; Everyone has just got to hold
1. They are fresh & New --
2. They are untarnished
C. When we made our way to God we were:
1. Dirty --- Stained ----- Abused by the sin
D. He didn’t cover up but He removed the imperfections
and replaced every part of me
1. He didn’t just apply some BONDO on our dents—
2. He didn’t just slap some KILTZ over the stains and
scars that sin had left on our lives--
creature: old things are passed away;
behold, all things are become new.(KJV)
any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.
deeds; 10 And have put on the new man, which is
renewed in knowledge after the image of him that
Ill. The song says, “Put on the Garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness, lift up your voice to God…..!"
G. What a reason to have JOY today; that in our lives
everything has been made new
1. New Things
2. Love excites us
A. We all enjoy that warm feeling that washes over us
when we experience being loved.
(My loving Jesus!
B. Puppy love is not what I am referring to, but Real
1. - Puppy Love is nice but it doesn’t last
2. - Real Love sees beyond our flaws and imperfections and
loves us in-spite of all our short comings.
3. - Real love endures a life time
Illustration: I told my wife, Lecil, last week that she is so lucky to have me as her husband—She just rolled her eyes and smiled—Lecil and I have known each other since she was 8 yrs. Old.—Relate how she left and how she came back..I came in from working on the farm—we worked until dark—and I had a letter from her.—That she was at McCaskill at her G-fathers and G-Mother. I had a 50 model chevy—2 slick tires—