Summary: If the Christian can't get past the first eleven chapters of Genesis, how could we ever get the skeptic to believe in the Christ of the Bible?
Let’s look at some of the verses skeptics will use to argue that the Bible is a book of myth.
1. According to [Gen 1:11-13 NIV] trees were made on day 3 before man. - 11 Then God said, "Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds." And it was so. 12 The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. 13 And there was evening, and there was morning--the third day.
2. Gen. 2:8 has the trees made on day 6 after man. [Gen 2:8-9 NIV] - 8 Now the LORD God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed. 9 The LORD God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground--trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
3. Gen. 1:20 has birds made on day 5.
[Gen 1:20, 23 NIV] - 20 And God said, "Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the vault of the sky." ... 23 And there was evening, and there was morning--the fifth day.
4. Gen. 2:19 has the birds made on day 6.
[Gen 2:19 NIV] Now the LORD God had formed out of the ground all the wild animals and all the birds in the sky. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name.
5. Gen. 1:24-25 has the animals made on day 6 before man.
6. Gen. 2:19 has the animals made on day 6 after man.
1. Chapter 1 tells the entire story in the order it happened.
2. Gen. 2:4-6 gives a quick summary of the first 5 days of creation.
3. Gen. 2:7-25 is describing only the events that took place on day 6 in the Garden of Eden after Adam’s creation.