Summary: We are going to mix up our group a bit and have some discussion and interaction as a way to review and find application for our series "The Perfect Stor,." We are going to break into small groups.
Finding Calmer Waters
Tonight we are ending our series with a message entitled “Finding Calmer Waters”. We’re going to do things a little different and we’re going to have some fun.
We are going to mix up our group a bit and have some discussion and interaction. We are going to break into small groups.
Small Group Discussion: Finding Calmer Water
1. Be Patience – courageous perseverance in the face of suffering and difficulty.
- How does (should) realizing my purpose affect my attitude towards trials and tribulations?
- What are some of the difficult things in life to surrender (give over) to God?
2. Examine You Life – to inspect closely, to test the condition
- How does God’s Word act like a mirror into our lives? (It is a relection of what our lives should look like)
- What method have you found that is most effective in studing and applying God’s Word to your everyday life?
- What is the danger of reading, listening to, and even studing God’s Word but not doing what it says?
3. Love Everyone – unconditional acceptance
- How are cliques and prejudices similar?
- How do we avoid being perceived as a clique?
- How can RSM be a better community? (Welcome and accept those who come. Get students involved in a small group. Hang out before and after Wednesday night services.)
4. Watch Your Mouth – The power of life and death is in the tongue.
- Why is it important to control our tongue?
- What are some things that we can say to encourage others?
5. Have Faith – the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things unseen, belief and trust that moves one to action.
- How would you describe someone who says they believe in God but their life doesn’t show it? (dead, hypocrit)
- What do you do to prove that you have faith in God love for Jesus?
6. Be Serious – realizing that we don’t know what tomorrow holds for us, we need to take our eternal fate seriously.
- Do you know where you will spend enternity?
- How serious are you about your relationship with Jesus?
7. Live on Purpose – fulfillment of your destiny depends on your willingness to follow God’s will.
- Why are you here? (5 purposes, worship, fellowship, discipleship, ministry, evangelism)
- Do you make plans without considering the will of God?
- How do we find God’s will for our lives? (consentrated & focused prayer, studing His Word, the counsel of parents, counsel of Godly influencers)
- What are you doing to fulfill God’s will in your life?
8. Be Pateint – to stay put and stand fast when you’ld like to run away.
- Why should we stay the course? (Jesus is coming back, to be a witness, receive God’s blessing)
9. Pray Hard – the prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective!
- Do you have a prayer life to be reckoned with? (retorical)
- What do you pray about? Why?
- Do you pray only in times of crisis?
- Are you the type of person others seek out for prayer support?
10. Rescue the Victims – people who have wondered off, have no means, or are rebellious due to the storms of life.
- Are you passionate for the lost?
- Is there anyone you have given up on?
- What are you doing to rescue the victims?