Summary: We all would like to know our destiny. This sermon talks about the simplicity of destiny form a biblical view. Without Jesus we have no destiny.
‘A COMMON DESTINY’
1. A heavenly scene.
2. The Scroll or Book.
a. Seven seals, signifying in the Roman world this were the last will and testament. God’s will for those who accept and reject Him. The Book of DESTINY. Daniel 12:4. Progressive revelation.
b. Written on the front and the back. It is full.
3. The cry. Three realms of creation were searched, heaven, earth, under the earth.
4. The worship scene.
From this scene four things become apparent.
GOD CONTROLS DESTINY
a. People are searching for destiny. Astrology, horoscopes, crystal balls, religions, new age, spiritism etc.
b. People try to change destiny. Governments, groups, individuals. U.N. N.A.T.O. Tower of Babel.
c. God controls destiny. His right hand speaks of authority, superiority, and government. God holds the future in His hand..
1 What fools the nations are to rage against the Lord! How strange that men should try to outwit God! 2 For a summit conference of the nations has been called to plot against the Lord and his Messiah, Christ the King. 3 “Come, let us break his chains,” they say, “and free ourselves from all this slavery to God.”
4 But God in heaven merely laughs! He is amused by all their puny plans. 5 And then in fierce fury he rebukes them and fills them with fear.
6 For the Lord declares, “This is the King of my choice, and I have enthroned him in Jerusalem, my holy city.”
7 His chosen one replies, “I will reveal the everlasting purposes of God, for the Lord has said to me, ‘You are my Son. This is your Coronation Day. Today I am giving you your glory.’ ” 8 “Only ask and I will give you all the nations of the world. 9 Rule them with an iron rod; smash them like clay pots!”
10 O kings and rulers of the earth, listen while there is time. 11 Serve the Lord with reverent fear; rejoice with trembling. 12 Fall down before his Son and kiss his feet before his anger is roused and you perish. I am warning you—his wrath will soon begin. But oh, the joys of those who put their trust in him!
JESUS UNLOCKS DESTINY
The recipient who comes to claim it can only open a will. Nobody else can claim it. The Lamb appears.
1. He is called the Lion of the tribe of Judah. ‘A title of the Messiah’ Strength and Power. Lion = Royalty, roaring and praise.
2. The Root of David. The prophesied one. Royalty, the one who sits on the throne, who is a warrior, over comer, giant slayer, Prophet, Priest and King.
3. The Lamb, Is 53:7, John 1:29, (Think of this takes away), to be done away with, the penalty the power and the guilt. Triumphant over sin, death, world, Satan, hell.
Also as a Lamb who was slain. A powerful Lamb. 7 Horns. & 7 Eyes. The first glimpse of Jesus before the throne of God. Horns speak of power, eyes of all knowing.
GOD CARES ABOUT OUR DESTINY
1. The Lamb. Greek = arnion = slaughter, pain, suffering, humiliation.
2. John 3:16.
3. Golden Bowls – incense= the prayers of the saints.
A COMMON DESTINY FOR THOSE WHO ACCEPT JESUS
A great scene of worship. Every creature in heaven and earth