I. Storms Are In Jesus’ Plan (vv. 16-18).
(Jesus’ Private Actions Behind the Storm)
1. He is watching (v. 15 compared w/Mk. 6:48)
2. He is praying (compare Mk. 6:46)
3. He is delaying (for a reason - v. 17)
II. Storms Are Under Jesus’ Power (vv. 19-20)
(Jesus’ Public Actions in the Storm = word and walk)
1. His Word Revealed His Presence (v. 20)
2. His Walk Revealed His Power (v. 19)
Note: Wherever you have the presence of Jesus you have the power of Jesus.
III. Storms Result In Jesus’ Peace (v. 21).
"willing" = "to take delight in, have pleasure"
Note: Wherever you have the presence of Jesus you have the power of Jesus, and wherever you have the power of Jesus you have the peace of Jesus.