Summary: How many days do we live/spiritual haze missing our Lord.
Pastor Allan Kircher
Shell Point Baptist Church
“Finish with praise”
23 November 2014
***All sermons are condensed in form***
Isaiah 52:1… can I READ again….come on Church can be fun/exciting.
History has meaning, because God is taking it somewhere, and what/vision does/set/end firmly before us and calls us to live every moment in the light of it. 2:1-5
• Isaiah/prophesying/going/taken captive/not yet/150 yrs
• Dominate notes/judgment 1st/comfort/encouraging 2nd
• They’ll come back/his words when they go/strange land
• find strength in knowing God has not forsaken them
This passage/instructions Isaiah gives/break it down
• Thanks/praise…attitude of gratitude. .got/habits/gratitude
• wait for the attitude to come it may--may not
• If/put/place habits to produce the attitude
• Start to tell/gratitude to come to you.
• Rather/waiting for it/show up out/sky or in your feelings or moods
Three words/inner composition of a grateful heart
• I’m unqualified to preach/unthankful person/lot of times
• Others can teach on thanks and praise….
• God says I need somebody/struggles/negativity
• Preach somebody push/thru/negativity/be grateful……
• three words/A Isa. 52 day/life of praise
• One day time moment thought conversation how…….
Three components…..first Awake….look Isa. 52
• Awake awake/no snooze
• Call to action people/been spiritually asleep.
Isa. Says/not going/see/presence of God in your life if you’re not first alert to the ways he’s working.
• First thing need/open up/eyes/don’t/can’t see his beauty
• Awake, Awake Zion people on edge of seat
• attitude of their heart/alert/heart is open/mind is clear
• If you’re sleeping/complacent--he’s blessing you/guiding you/moving you/missing it.
How many days do we live/spiritual haze missing our Lord.
• God says I long to bless you/reveal myself to you
• knocked out/asleep/melatonin’s you were gone
• need to get some spiritual smelling salts
• Wake up your praise/dawn/soul or you might miss him.
Read/few verse/read out of context/won’t get full meaning Isa 52:1-2 fall under this category.
• Whole book Isa. Structured in a poetic way yes
• but also conversational way as well
• People would give God a complaint/God would answer thru Isaiah comply to their complaint.
Let’s go back Isa 51:9…remember/Isa. 52:1
• God says/Awake Awake 52/people in 51:9
I’m awake I never sleep
• I don’t slumber/vacation days/sick days/leave early
• I’m here I’m here
• Your sleeping thru/blessings/got to be alert/blessings of God
Metal detector high low airport/lint/sensitivity
• You can set/sensitivity of spirit/morning when you awake
• not going/so sensitive/things hurt my feelings today
• not going/so easily offended/discouraged today
• I’m decreasing my sensitivity to discouragement
• increasing my sensitivity/awareness/your presence
• Somebody shout wake up….wake up ….
Scripture/weeping may endure for a night but joy comes/morning
• Found out morning doesn’t happen/says/AM clock
• Morning happens when you wake up
• throw covers off/open up your eyes/goodness of God
In other words, moment you decide to get up I bet you’ll see God right/middle/your circumstances/difficulties
• Open your eyes cause he’s here he’s not far away he’s here
• Be on the alert
I wish you’d shake someone next to you and ask them are you awake are you awake.
• Don’t miss this don’t sleep thru this
• Mark 4:37-41…Disciples mad at Jesus
• Disciples told Jesus you need/wake up to what’s going on…
• no Jesus said to disciple you need to wake up to who I am
We spend too much time trying to alert God to our problems…
• God I got a bill over here…unresolved issue over here…
• jacked up person you need to fix um
• We think if we alert God/problem he’ll do something
Meanwhile we miss God, cause he’s standing in our problem trying to alert us of his presence.
• God saying I’m right here, right in/storm/stern
• Awake Awake Zion. We got to wake up repeat
• you who slumber--wake up/Stretch
• Stop hitting snooze wake up
• So you don’t miss God’s direction
God may have wanted to correct you of something/move to something else/but you missed/sleeping.
Always thought this proverb was pretty convicting. Pro 10:5….
• Every day you wake up/harvest/taking…..
• sleep thru it it will be to your shame
Enemy can come in and steal:
• Very blessing God planted in front of you
• praise God put inside of you
Come on wake up and praise him.
2. Attire Isa. 52:1….
• Wake up/get dressed/pick out your clothes for the day….
• Differences between male/female…What is clean…
Spiritually speaking you got to get dressed before you go out into the world or your going to get hurt.
• Clothe yourself/strength
• Make a decision/put/Isaiah calls your garments of splendor
• This/day/life of praise/I alert myself
• look out/ways God is speaking/showing himself/my life
• now I got to get dressed
• I’m ready spiritually/see God