Summary: "All the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree is the Lord’s" (Lev. 27:30).
1. What does the Lord expect from each one of us? The tithe.
"Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in Mine house, and prove Me now herewith, saith the Lord of Host, if I will not open you the windows of Heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it" (Malachi 3:10).
2. Why does the Lord want the tithe? It is His. "All the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree is the Lord’s" (Lev. 27:30).
3. What are we to give to the Lord?
a. Time. Our calendar belongs to God (Eph. 5:16).
b. Talents. Our bodies, energy and abilities (Rom. 12:1).
c. Treasure. Our money belongs to God. "See that you abound in giving money also" (II Cor. 8:7 ELT).
4. Where does the tithe begin? What we prize. "Honor the Lord . . . with the firstfruits" (Prov. 3:9).
WHAT DOES FIRSTFRUITS MEAN?
What you prize. Time _________________________
Your best ability. Talent ________________________
Before deductions. Treasure ______________________
5. When does God not accept our gifts? Second best. David said, "Neither will I offer burnt-offerings unto the Lord my God of that which doth cost me nothing" (II Sam. 24:24).
6. What should characterize our gifts to God? Costs something. "Let us go that we may sacrifice to the Lord" (Ex. 3:18).
WHAT WE SHOULD NOT GIVE GOD
The left over
B. TITHE YOUR TALENT TO GOD
"Honor the Lord with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase: So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine" (Prov. 3: 9,10).
1. What is a talent? Your ability. Dictionary: "A unique ability, skill, function or performance."
2. How does the Bible describe your talent? Spiritual gift. "Each of us has different spiritual abilities that were given to us by the grace of God" (Rom. 12:6 ELT).
3. What should be your attitude toward your talent? Gratitude. "Do not think selfishly about your spiritual gifts, but be realistic, because God gave them to you in the first place" (Rom. 12:3 ELT).
4. What are you supposed to do with your gift/talent? Use it. "As each of you has received a spiritual gift from God, use it in ministry" (I Peter 4:10 ELT).
5. Is anyone exempted? Does everyone have a gift/talent? We all are talented. "Everyone has the unique gift that God intends for them to have" (I Cor. 7:7 ELT).
6. What do we usually do with our talents? Make money. In the Parable of the Talents, "But he that had received one talent went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord’s money" (Matt. 25:18).
7. Is God more interested in our money or our service? Neither; He wants our heart. "Beyond their money, they gave themselves" (II Cor. 8:3 ELT) "First, before they gave money, they gave themselves to God" (II Cor. 8:5).
8. What are you doing when you give to God? Honoring Him. "Honor the Lord with thy substance" (Prov. 3:9).
9. Is giving money to God enough? Answer: time, talent and treasure.
10. How can I give my talent to God?
a. Serve Him with the way you earn money.
b. Give Him your best ability.
c. Glorify Him with a grateful heart.
d. Prosper Him with productivity.
11. What am I supposed to do with my talents in the church? "God is able to make His grace abound to you so that you will have enough to meet your needs and you can abound in His work?" (II Cor. 9:8 ELT).
a. God gave me talents for my work.
b. God has taken care of my needs.
c. I respond in taking care of God’s work.
12. If we serve God in the church, what will happen to our business or our job? Abundance. "So shall thy barns be filled" (Prov. 3:10).
13. What happens if you will not serve God in the church?
a. Use it or lose it. "Take the talent from him" (Matt. 25:28).
b. No fellowship. "Cast the unprofitable servant out" (Matt. 25:30).
c. Punishment. "If any man’s work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss" (I Cor. 3:15).
1. Will you serve in the church as eagerly as you work for money? Yes/No.
2. Will you ask God to use your service in the church? Yes/No.
3. If you are not serving in (your church), will you begin now? Yes/No.
If you have never really accepted Jesus as your personal Savior, would you do it right now? Do not delay or put it off. If you would like to receive Christ by faith, pray this simple prayer in your heart: