Summary: Acts 4:23-33 reveals to us five essencials for the life of the church
Essencials for the life of the church.
I. (v.24) They raised their voice...
First essencial is PRAYER.
- Prayer plays a very important role in the life of
a healthy growing church.
- It was thru praye that the early church was able
to overcome persecution.
- It was thru prayer that the church is able to
cast their worries and needs before the Lord.
II. (v.24) with one accord...
Second essential is UNITY.
- They were united by one thing... Christ.
- They had one goal: To speak about the message
of hope thru Jesus Christ.
- They all had the same desire: To spread the
gospel of our Lord.
III. (v.29) grant your servants that with all boldness they may speak your word...
Third essential is EVANGELISM.
- Once again you see the importance of prayer and
its focus is evangelism.
- The early church was saying "we want to be busy
telling others about "YOU" Lord, about your death
- They were saying we want to be effective in the
proclamation of your message.
- They were saying we want for others to experience
what we have experience.
IV. (v.32) one heart and one soul...
Fourth essential is to be like our Father and Jesus.
- To be like Jesus is to reflect His character in
To be like Jesus is to think, feel, see, like He
- This was what Jesus prayed for on John 17:11.
V. (v.34) nor was anyone among them who lacked...
Fith essential is CARE FOR OTHERS.
- We need to be busy looking for ways to serve.
- Looking for ways to meet a need.
- We need to forget about ourselfs to bless others.
Just as water, oxigen and food are essentials to substain the human life. So PRAYER< UNITY< EVANGELISM<
and to CARE FOR OTHERS are seentials for the life of the church.
If you study these essentials closely you will discover that this were the tthings that the Lord use to make His church a strong church.