Summary: God's Word contains 5 blank checks -- promises of unlimited help from God. We all have areas of need. What holds us back from resolution is that we don't seek help. Tonight we're going fill out the blank checks and claim our needed blessings!
FIVE SPIRITUAL CHECKS YOU CAN TAKE TO THE BANK
A. HUMOR: SOME PEOPLE JUST REPEAT EVERYTHING THEY HEAR!
1. In good weather, Anne Neilson’s friend Mark always let his yellow-naped Amazon parrot, Nicky, sit on the balcony of his tenth-floor apartment. One morning, Nicky flew away, much to Mark’s dismay. He searched and called for the bird, with no luck.
2. The next day when Mark returned from work, the phone rang. “Is this Mark?” The caller asked. “You’re going to think this is crazy, but there’s a bird outside on my balcony saying, ‘Hello, this is Mark.’ Then it recites this phone number and says, ‘I can’t come to the phone right now, but if you will leave a message at the tone, I will call you back.’”
3. Nicky’s cage had been kept in the same room as Mark’s answering machine.
B. POWER OF A BLANK CHECK
1. Think of the power of a BLANK CHECK! Now if it was MY blank check, it wouldn’t be worth much. But if it was a blank check belonging to Bill Gates, there would be the potential of $80 Billion to spend. That might be difficult to do!
2. But an even bigger thought is a blank check from God. We can’t even imagine how much it could be written for, for there would be an infinite amount to draw out!
1. Tonight we’re going to look at and learn to draw on FIVE SPIRITUAL CHECKS from God’s Word.
2. The title of this message is “FIVE SPIRITUAL CHECKS YOU CAN TAKE TO THE BANK.”
I. THE PROMISE OF HIS PRESENCE
‘For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” Heb. 13:5.
1. What could be more wonderful than walking and talking with God forever? Think how incredible interesting it would be to get to talk to God every day forever! He’s so creative and unique and knows so much – you would never lack for something to talk about.
2. We may lose family members or friends (to death or moving away); but there is one Person will never leave us: Our Lord & God!
3. And this divine Person is someone who will always help us and comfort us. If fact, if we have this one relationship, we will be satisfied forever.
4. Isaiah said, “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned….For I am the LORD, The Holy One of Israel, your Savior” Isa. 43:2-3.
5. What a tremendous comfort that when we are going through our most difficult trials, God is right there in the fire, or in the waters, and will preserve us and bring us through to victory!
2ND SPIRITUAL CHECK YOU CAN TAKE TO THE BANK:
II. THE PROMISE OF HIS PROVISION
“And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus” Phip. 4:19.
1. This Scripture was penned when Paul was in prison for many years. It’s amazing to me that Paul did not feel abandoned by God by being in prison for so long. Probably because he felt like he was in the center of God’s will.
2. Like the first promise, which had the infinite pledge “never”, this one contains the word “ALL.” That’s a pretty big word. It means without limit. Now God didn’t promise He would meet all our “WANTS,” but He did promise to meet all our “NEEDS.”
3. Another similar instance where God’s providing power was highlighted, was when Abraham was about to offer His son Isaac on Mt. Moriah. There was no way out. Abraham believed that God would have to raise Isaac – the promised child – from the dead after he was slain to fulfill God’s will.
4. But God had another plan: Isaac would not die – God would provide a substitute. The ultimate substitute was God’s Son, but the temporary one was a ram, caught in a thicket. God said, “I am Jehovah-Jireh,” “I am God your Provider.”
5. God hasn’t changed and His nature as our Creator and Provider hasn’t changed either. Be confident in taking ALL of your needs to Him.
3RD SPIRITUAL CHECK YOU CAN TAKE TO THE BANK:
III. THE PROMISE OF HIS POWER
“I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me” Phip. 4:13.
1. I had in the first ppt slide a picture of a mouse holding up an elephant’s foot. Now we all know that’s impossible, but it represents the power we can exert with God as our helper.
2. The second slide has a man who has conquered the summit of a huge mountain. There are many “mountains” in life, many difficulties that seem impossible to overcome, but that is where this verse comes in.