Summary: This is the 6th sermon in the series "David’s Lamp".
Series: David’s Lamp (Kings Of Judah) #6
1. My forgetfulness.
2. Watching the last few minutes of a game to see who wins.
The Church is relaxing because we know we win.
We need revival. Revival is for the saved.
3. How many does it take to have revival? Are you the one?
Tharon’s prayer with me at 7 years old. “Dear God, thank you for
loving the world so much that You sent Your only forgotten Son
to die for us on the cross”.
4. Do we really want to see revival break out? Do we really want to see the lost saved?
5. Let’s look at some Biblical examples of Kings of Judah and churches this morning that had forgotten some things and the solution that God has for us to start fresh.
2 Chronicles 25:1-2 (King Amaziah)
Revelation 2:4 (Church in Ephesus)
1. This was an active church. It had not gone off into heresy.
2. The spirit of love had evaporated out of people’s hearts. The church services became an empty show.
3. The people of this church had lost their first love.
4. They were going through the motions out of obligation, not out of love for God.
5. Why are you here? Why do you want to see revival?
2. What makes a Christian work for Christ? Love.
3. Remember when you enjoyed serving Christ?
4. Repent. Do you see a gap in how you live now versus how you used to live for Christ?
5. To get back to the first love, you must repent and put your focus back on Jesus Christ.
If We Refuse?
1. He will come quickly and remove their candlestick.
2. We are to be a lighthouse, but if we refuse to do that, God will get us out of the way.
3. Are you the problem? Do we need to be removed?
2 Chronicles 26:3-5; 16-18 (King Uzziah)
Revelation 2:14-15 (Church in Pergamum)
2. Balamism is equivalent to the worldliness that goes on today.
3. Nicolaitanes means “to rule” and “the people”.
4. Evidently there were some that had their own agenda.
5. The only agenda we better have is the one given to us by God.
2. Who leads you, God or man?
3. If it is not God, you better repent!
4. Decide who you are going to follow.
5. God or the world. You choose.
If We Refuse?
1. Jesus is coming to judge.
2. Christ is warning those who are not being faithful to either “clean it up” or He will do it for them!
3. Would you be among the faithful or unfaithful?
2 Chronicles 27:1-2 (King Jotham)
Revelation 2:20 (Church in Thyatira)
1. This church was a going, growing church, always on the job for the Lord.
2. But all of a sudden there is a black spot. The black spot was Jezebel.
3. This church tolerated a cult of idolatry and immorality.
4. What happened to Christians having a “backbone” and not allowing “garbage” like this to find its way into our churches?
5. We must take a stand for our faith.
1. Don’t give up.
2. Don’t get the attitude of “If I can’t beat them, I’ll join them”.