Summary: A sermon on church growth.
FORMULA FOR A GROWING CHURCH
INTRO: God wants our church to be a strong church. She can be a church that will do great things for God, but only if we, as her members, do the same things. She is what we make her. If she is to be that church God wants her to be, she must meet certain conditions that God has required. Let’s look at these conditions.
I. A WITNESSING CHURCH.
In order to be a growing church, we must be a witnessing church.
1. God requires that we do His work.
A. Parable of the ten talents (Matt. 25:14-30).
B. According to our ability (Luke 12:48).
2. Where and how to witness.
A. In the home (Mark 5:19-20).
B. In the Church (Ephesians 5:19).
C. In the world (Matthew 28:19-20).
D. Without shame or fear (2 Timothy 1:8).
E. Always ready (1 Peter 3:15).
II. A SERVING CHURCH.
Before a church can be a witnessing church, she must first be a serving church.
1. God demands service (Deuteronomy 10:12).
3. Not double-minded or half-hearted service (Luke 16:13).
4. Not unsure service (Luke 9:62).
III. A UNITED CHURCH.
Before a church can be a serving church, she must first be a united church.
1. In prayer (Matthew 18:19).
2. In Christ (Romans 12:5).
3. It was Jesus’ desire and prayer for His church (John 17:21).
4. To bring men to Christ (Mark 2:3-12).
CONC: God wants us to be this church in this year. Have you done your part to make our church the church God wants her to be? If not, make that commitment to God right now.