Summary: As Christians, we walk by faith and not by sight. Our level of faith is increased by the amount of time we spend in the Word of God. There is a direct correlation between the two. Faith is a lifestyle; it is who we are and what we do. Faith is like our DN
§ As Christians, we walk by faith and not by sight.
§ Our level of faith is increased by the amount of time we spend in the Word of God. There is a direct correlation between the two.
§ Faith is a lifestyle; it is who we are and what we do. Faith is like our DNA.
§ When we walk by faith, we are expressing to God that we have confidence and trust in Him and His Word.
§ Faith is an action word; we are doers of the Word…Faith!
§ Our faith that is put into action brings the manifestation of the blessing or the glory of God.
§ Let us look to the scriptures and see what it says about faith.
(NKJV) Romans 1 17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.”
(NKJV) Habakkuk 2 4 “ Behold the proud, His soul is not upright in him; But the just shall live by his faith.
A. As Christians (the just), we walk by faith.
2. Living a life of faith pleases God.
3. You are to walk by faith and not by sight.
(NKJV) 2 Corinthians 5 7 For we walk by faith, not by sight.
4. The word sight refers to the sense realm. We can not just have a relationship with Christ based upon emotions, feelings and sense knowledge.
5. We must learn how to develop a lifestyle of faith.
B. You have been made the righteousness in Christ Jesus by faith.
(NKJV) Romans 10 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.” 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. 13 For “whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved.”
1. Your righteousness is not based on your good works, but based on what God has done.
2. Confessing your sins and believing in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead, you receive salvation. It is the start of your faith walk.
a. The more Word you speak, the greater your faith becomes.
b. You are saved by the grace of God.
(NKJV) Ephesians 2 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,
c. Every Christian has been given the measure of faith. (This is not for the unbeliever)
i. We all start out with the same faith level when we become born again.
(NKJV) Romans 12 3 For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith.
ii. Our levels of faith vary from one another when you spend time meditating and doing the Word of God.
3. Faith comes by hearing the Word of God as it is preached.
(NKJV) Romans 10 17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
a. You can’t believe the Word unless you first hear it.
b. You can’t have confidence or faith in something you have no knowledge.
C. Our faith positions us to be overcomers.
(NKJV) 1 John 5 3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome. 4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith.
1. Our faith is our victory.
a. We win because of the victory at the cross.
2. When we walk by faith, we are walking in the confidence of God’s Word.
3. The Devil wants you to believe what you can see, but, the unseen spiritual realm is more real than what you can see.
a. The spiritual realm is eternal, while the natural realm is temporary.
b. If you can see it, then it is subject to change and you need no faith for that. (Ex. Our new building)
4. When we put our trust and confidence in God’s Word, it will produce victory.
§ Faith must be part of our daily lifestyle.
§ We walk by faith and not by sight.
§ When we live a life of faith, it pleases God. A life of faith is exciting!