Summary: Part two of two. This message is intended to help us see the amazing grace of God and all that it does for us that we might magnify the Lord Jesus Christ.
FOUR WORDS CONCERNING GOD’S AMAZING GRACE – Part 2 of 2
A. Phillip Yancey describes grace in his book What’s So Amazing About Grace. He writes, “Grace means there is nothing we can do to make God love us more—no amount of spiritual calisthenics and renunciations, no amount of knowledge gained from seminaries, no amount of crusading on behalf of righteous causes. And grace means there is nothing we can do to make God love us less—no amount of racism or pride or pornography or adultery or even murder. Grace means that God already loves us as much an infinite God can possibly love.”
1. I don’t know about you, but I’m glad I do not have to perform to win God’s grace & love – God’s Grace is indeed Amazing Grace!
2. It is because of His grace that nothing I do will ever change His great love for me that He showed in Jesus Christ
3. The apostle John wrote, For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16
4. His grace is so overwhelming – He loves me in a manner that I do not deserve and can not fully comprehend! AMEN?
B. Last week we defined grace in a very simple way:
1. We defined grace as “free unmerited favor”
2. When attached to God, as in “God’s grace” it is the free unmerited favor that God shows towards man.
C. We also looked at two words concerning God’s Amazing Grace
1. The first was Salvation, Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, and we know this because Paul writes
a. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of your- selves: it is the gift of God:  Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph 2:8-9
b. This grace is found in Jesus Christ and has come to all men
c. You can know God’s grace this morning if
1) You will admit that you are a sinner
2) Believe Jesus Christ died for your sins and rose from the dead
3) Repent – turn from your sinful self-centeredness and self-sufficiency to the Lord
4) And ask Him to save you, Romans 10:9 & 13 state, That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved….For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
d. Praise God for His amazing grace
2. The second word Concerning God’s Amazing Grace we looked at was Sanctification
a. Titus 2:12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
b. When we get saved we are changed and we begin to look and live life from a different perspective – God’s!
c. By God’s grace we endeavor to become more like Christ in our thoughts, motives and actions. – Praise God for His amazing grace
D. So that brings us up to date on the first two Words Concerning God’s Amazing Grace
1. Today we will look at the final two words derived from our Bible passage
2. Titus 2:11-14 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,  Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;  Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;  Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.