Summary: God gives us everything we need to flourish as a child of His. Are we a testimony to others?
Intro. An intensely Personal Psalm - Glad we are free to have a PERSONAL relationship with God! Most likely David wrote for Sabbath, today Lord’s Day.
I. The Praise that cannot be Contained - vs. 1-5
A. It Will Stir Us - vs. 2 (morning and night)
B. It will Spread to Others - 1 Chron 16:7-36 David praised God, then at the end of verse 36 it says "And all the people said, Amen, and praised the LORD." David invites others to praise with him:
Ps 34:3 "O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together."
C. It is Satisfying to God - Psalms 69:30-31 "I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify him with thanksgiving. This also shall please the LORD better than an ox or bullock that hath horns and hoofs."
D. It is Substantiated by God - vs. 4-5 It is all because of Him!
So what are the saved to do? Ps 106:48 "Blessed be the LORD God of Israel from everlasting to everlasting: and let all the people say, Amen. Praise ye the LORD."
Ps 126:3 "The LORD hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad." If you are saved child of God, on your way to heaven, you should be saying: Amen, Hallelujah!
II. The Punishment that will Not be compromised - vs. 6-9
A. The Foolishness of Sin - vs. 6 (Brutish - foolish) (Sin will make you think everything is ok, like freeezing to death!)
B. The Fatality of Sin - vs. 7 - 9 (destroyed - annihilated)
Eternity goes on for us all - Eternal death without Christ, or Eternal life with Christ. Sin, or this world may try to convince you that you can go to heaven without Christ, but there is no other way to heaven!
The World may try to convince us that sin does not matter, but rest assured it does matter to a Holy God of Heaven and God will bring the sinner to judgement
III. The Planting that Should be Confirmed- VS. 12-13
A. Fixed in Jesus - not as grass that will wither or be cut away, but as a Palm tree that can handle the winds of life.
1. Without Christ, there is no other hope Eph 2:12 "That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:"
2. Without Christ, there is no relationship with God 2 John vs.9 "Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son."
3. Without Christ there is only Condemnation
John 3:18-19 "He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil."
B. Flourishing in Jesus - It means the fruit can be seen!
1. Flourishing is not merely in the leaves of profession,
2. But in the fruits of grace and righteousness,
3. Being watered with the dews of divine grace
Do you get it, IT IS ALL BECAUSE OF HIM!
IV. The Provisions where we find Comfort