Summary: Sermon in Series on Spiritual Warfare
a. To be able to stand as Christian soldiers we must have the belt of truth around our waist. Actually, we can hang our shield of faith and the sword of the spirit on this belt as we travel.
b. This is an age in search of the truth. But, where do we get it? The News Media, Store Merchants, Government, Medical Profession, or even our Children or Mates in life.
1. God is always truthful:
a. It is impossible for God to lie (Hebrews 6:18)
b. God tells the truth even when man does not want to hear it.
c. God’s truth remains even when it is not popular.
d. "Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away" (Matthew 24:35).
2. Jesus is the embodiment of truth:
a. The word became flesh and lived for while among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only son, who came from the father, full of grace and truth.
b. To the disciples Jesus claimed to be truth. "I am the way, the truth and the life." (John 14:6).
c. In bodily and human form Jesus lived out before all men the very truth of God.
1. It is hard to refute a life of truth.
2. We are also a letter of truth. (2 Corinthian 3:2-3).
d. Jesus brings to us the truth - the Good news.
1. Jesus embodied God: (2 Corinthians 3:2-3)
2. Jesus showed the true cost of sin - so horrible that it could not be atoned for except by his shed blood.
3. Jesus showed the true love of God (John 3:16).
4. Jesus showed us the true way of life.
-a. He was tempted and trried in all ways like us, and yet he is without sin.
-b. God did not pay for our sins with gold or silver, but with the precious blood of Christ, the sinless, spotless lamb of God (1 Peter 1:18-19).
-c. When we follow Him, He takes us to the father (John 14:6)
e. Jere is the bold truth:
1. All have sinned. (Romans 3:23)
2. Sin separates us from God.
3. Jesus is the only savior (Act 4:12).
3. Truth brings responsibility:
a. Truth has been entruusted to us as his church to carry to the world.
1. We are the pillar and ground of truth:(1 Timothy 3:15).
2. We must cleanse ourselves of the blood of others by preaching the truth to all. (Acts 20:26-27).
3. We must declare the undisputed word of God. (1 Corinthians 9:16).
b. Each person has a personal responsibility:
1. Seek to know the truth: (John 8:31-32)
2. Think upon truth: (Philippians 4:8)
3. Let the spirit live in you (Ephesians 5:9).
4. Worship God in Spirit and trruth: (John 4:24).