Summary: This sermon takes a serious look at the freedom that we have in Christ and the implications for our daily lives.
Freedom That Truly Matters
Galatians 5: 1-15
1. It is for freedom that Christ has set us free (1).
A. From Guilt.
B. To Worship.
C. To Pray.
D. To Serve.
Illustration: Football in the yard vs. high school football.
2. Our righteousness comes by waiting, not by working (5).
A. We have not fully realized this righteousness.
B. We should “eagerly await” the full reality of this
C. Our anticipation is made possible by the Spirit
3. We must be careful not to lose focus (7-9).
A. The Galatians started out solidly but were
B. We must be careful not to allow things to
interfere with our pursuit of Christ and all He has
C. Often our distraction starts small but quickly
grows to become all consuming.
4. We must constantly be aware that our freedom is a
freedom to serve not to sin (13).
A. We must be in a mindset that ask what our
freedom means to the Kingdom of God, not to
B. There is no reason to abuse the freedom that is
granted by Christ.
5. Utilize this freedom to live and love (14).