Summary: "God’s love is all around us all the time-- if we make room, He will surely come in." ______The Blessings of Receiving God’s Love, a publication of THE ALLIANCE FOR CHRISTIAN FELLOW-
FRIENDSHIP WITH GOD
Text: John 15:14, "Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you."
Intro: Believers need the wonderful companionship with the
It is necessary that we are connected to Him in a personal and
Will this presentation relate to Christmas? Yes!
If the reason for Christmas in not about love and friendship with God,
then I am confused.
An ongoing receiving of God’s love reinforces personal relationships
The LORD has an endless supply of love directed to our hearts. Often
we fiend and resist that love, because we think we have enough of God.
Theme: "God’s love is all around us all the time--
if we make room, He will surely come in."
______The Blessings of Receiving God’s Love,
a publication of THE ALLIANCE FOR CHRISTIAN FELLOW-
I. Standing Humbly In Awe Of God
A. Humility is one requirement to receive God’s love.
1. Put aside excessive love and concern for self.
2. Make room for more of the love of God.
3. The love from Jesus is extended to us 24/7.
B. It is important to fear the Lord.
1. W/O f., love is not what it ought to be.
2. W/it everyday praying is more worshipful
3. Psalms 25:14 (KJV) The secret of the LORD is with them
that fear him; and he will shew them his
4. Psalms 25:14 (GW) The Lord advises those who fear him.
He reveals to them the intent of his
5. Psalms 86:11 (KJV) Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in
thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name.
II. Physical Blessings
A. Still discussing, "Receiving God’s Love."
B. What is offered to the friends of God:
1. Safety & Satisfaction (Prov. 19:23)
2. All needs provided for (Ps. 34:9).
3. Life, Honor, and Riches (Prov. 22:4)
4. Abundant Goodness, Psalms 31:19 (KJV), "Oh how great is
which thou hast laid
up for them that fear
thou hast wrought for
them that trust in thee
before the sons of men!"
5. Taught of the Lord (Ps. 25:12)
III. Emotional Blessings
A. Peaceful Living (Prov 19:23)
B. Family Life (Ps. 128)
C. Fellowship with the Lord (Ps. 119:63)
IV. Spiritual Blessings
A. Steadfastness/Courage/Stamina (Jer. 32:40)
1. in The Faith
2. illu: Man burning at the stake claps hands three times
B. Friendship with God (Ps. 25:14)
C. Wisdom (Ps. 111:10)
D. Obedience (Ps. 112:1)
1. Acknowledge that God is greater.
2. We are lower and must be aware of that fact.
3. This is not "preacher talk." Many today think
they are gods.
4. Our friend, the Lord, guides us with His
commands, i.e., dietary laws, moral laws.
V. Keeping His Commands
A. In and of ourselves we cannot keep God’s commands.
B. Just "knowing about" God’s laws is not sufficient.
1. no incentive/allurement/drive
2. must be a God-given heartfelt desire
3. We love Him because He loves us.
4. It is natural to want to obey & please
the one you love (John 14:23 AMP). <----
C. We must hear God.
1. still small voice
2. receive in our minds
3. Hear Him as we read the Scriptures.
4. Become, in our hearts, as little children.
D. Relate/give an account to the Lord through faith.
1. Faith works through love.
2. Ask God for His guidance