Summary: When we come to Christ in saving faith, we are justified (declared righteous). Our sins are forgiven and we receive the righteousness of Christ. But justification carries with it many fringe benefits. Being Right With God is the Foundation for A Rich Li
1. Healthcare has gotten out of hand.
2. Many of us get our medications via the internet from foreign countries to save money. Most popular: Canada, New Zealand and Australia…medicine from…down under…
3. Healthcare insurance is so high that many people gravitate toward certain jobs mostly for the insurance benefit that goes along with the position.
4. Corporations would rather offer time and a half to their employees than hire additional personnel because it is cheaper than paying an additional healthcare benefit.
5. The fringe benefit of good insurance is a major factor in today’s economy.
6. Many people show interest in the Gospel because of its fringe benefits: eternal life and deliverance from the wrath of God.
7. But the main focus of the Gospel is a restored relationship with God through receiving the righteousness of Christ: everything else can be labeled, “fringe benefits,” important as they are.
Main idea: When we come to Christ in saving faith, we are justified (declared righteous). Our sins are forgiven and we receive the righteousness of Christ. But justification carries with it many fringe benefits. Being Right With God is the Foundation for A Rich Life.
I. ___Peace___(Shalom) With God (1)
1. The dual nature of Messiah being the Prince of Peace
(1) Personal peace ___NOW___
a. If you think of all the money we spend to find peace, it amounts to a fortune. I do not have all the answers, but I know this: men, women, and young people who spend time with the Lord have more peace than those who do not. A walk with the Lord is not a cure all, but it sure makes a difference.
b. Phil. 4: 4-7 4Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
c. Physical causes: God built into human nature a reward for praying: serotonin; that’s why even unbelievers feel a peace when they pray.
d. Spiritual causes: we access the very throne room of God, HS intercedes…
(2) Literal ___PEACE__ on Earth during the Millennium
The wolf will live with the lamb, the leopard will lie down with the goat, the calf and the lion and the yearling [ 11:6 Hebrew; Septuagint [ lion will feed ] ] together; and a little child will lead them.
The wolf and the lamb will feed together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox, but dust will be the serpent’s food. They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain," says the LORD .
2. What is so unique about peace with ___GOD___?
because the mind set on the flesh is [James 4:4] hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so,
And although you were [Rom 5:10; Eph 2:3, 12] formerly alienated and hostile in mind, engaged in evil deeds,