Summary: The presence of an Active "Curse" on an individual or family is an indication that it is Deserved --- otherwise, it would be Ineffective. 1. Neither Satanism, witchcraft, nor the devil himself --- has the power to place a curse on a Child of God.
Proverbs 26:2, "As the bird by wandering, as the swallow by flying, so the curse causeless shall not come."
A. The presence of an Active "Curse" on an individual or family is an indication that it is Deserved --- otherwise, it would be Ineffective.
1. Neither Satanism, witchcraft, nor the devil himself --- has the power to place a curse on a Child of God.
2. Hebrews 2:14, "Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;"
3. James 4:7, "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."
4. Romans 6:14, "For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace."
B. However, if a Christian is Not Living For God --- it is an entirely Different Story.
1. I Corinthians 5:2-5, "And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you. --- In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus."
2. I John 5:16, "If any man see his brother sin a sin [which is] not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it."
C. The curses, if they "Stick," indicate a Violation of A Basic Command of God.
1. Before Satan can place a "Curse" upon any Christian, that person must Already Be Under A Curse (or judgment) of God.
2. Keep in mind, we are not talking about the Curse of The Law --- Christ took care of that for us.
Galatians 3:13, "Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed [is] every one that hangeth on a tree:"
3. These Are Not Curses That Place Our "Soul" In Jeopardy.
Some Christians Are Living Under A Curse From God:
Not Superstition --- But Reality
I. Christians Who Tolerate Moral Impurity.
A. Proverbs 3:33, "The curse of the LORD [is] in the house of the wicked: but he blesseth the habitation of the just."
1. The word "Wicked" (rasha) indicates more than just wickedness, it is related to Moral Impurity.
2. This includes those who look upon moral impurity as a lifestyle --- those who keep impure literature, magazines, music, pictures, movies, etc. in their homes.
3. Those who tell or listen to impure jokes and consider it neither offensive nor inappropriate.
4. Those who participate in these activities to Gain The Approval of Their Peers.
B. The word "House" (bayith) indicates much more than just the abode of the wicked.
1. It includes the "Family" where moral impurity is either condoned or approved.
2. It can also be translated "Daughter," which indicates that God places a curse upon the family and especially the daughters --- as well as the very house and property owned by the morally wicked.