Summary: Developing a commitment to God that never stands still.
Did you ever play the game FREEZE TAG?
I used to play this game all the time as a kid … the object is to FREEZE everyone until the entire opposing team is FROZEN!
Now, I have to admit I CHEATED from time to time … c’mon anyone else with me on that one … we so wanted to win that we changed the rules …
Well, here’s the deal – life is kind of like this game of FREEZE TAG … we have our team (Christ’s follower’s) and the opposing team (the Devil’s morons) … and the moron’s are trying to FREEZE every believer.
FREEZE (def) – incapable of being changed or moved; not available for present use.
That’s the mission of our opposing team …
Anybody remember Dr. Freeze? I am a Batman FREAK … Dr. Freeze’s greatest weapon was putting people in a FROZEN or Cryogenic state …
86% of teenagers who attend a non-Christian colleges lose faith before graduation (George Barna).
Why? Because they have been FROZEN … their spiritual life halted … held in some Cryogenic state …
My hope for every graduate here … and every family member or friend … is that we never become FROZEN in our spiritual journey.
Moses in Exodus 3 comes face to face with a burning bush that was not being consumed … that really did not bother him … that’s kind of weird.
A few moments later the Bush carries on a conversation with Moses … that really did not bother him either … that’s even stranger …
Then the Bush says, “I am the God of your Father.”
All of a sudden … MOSES FREEZES!
He is experiencing one of the greatest spiritual moments of his life … and what happens … he freezes …
There were really only 2 options for Moses …
• Stay Frozen
• Move Forward
You see, Moses could have stayed in his FROZEN state … yeah he made some excuses in that Moses Moment, but he chose to move forward … he refused to STAY FROZEN.
There have also been some great people of our society that refused to be FROZEN by opinions and they MOVED FORWARD …
• "I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943
• "There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home." - Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corp., 1977
• "This ’telephone’ has too many shortcomings to be seriously considered as a means of communication. The device is inherently of no value to us." - Western Union internal memo, 1876.
• "We don’t like their sound, and guitar music is on the way out." - Decca Recording Co. rejecting the Beatles, 1962.
• "Airplanes are interesting toys but of no military value." - Marechal Ferdinand Foch, Professor of Strategy, Ecole Superieure de Guerre.
• "Everything that can be invented has been invented." - Charles H. Duell, Commissioner, U.S. Office of Patents, 1899.
• "X-rays will prove to be a hoax" Lord Kelvin, President of the Royal Society, 1893.
• "Unworthy of the attention of practical and scientific men" – British Parliamentary Committee report on Thomas Edison’s electric light bulb.
Wow … I am so glad these GUYS moved forward!
Jesus also had some Moses Moments … he could have FROZE, but not Jesus … he chose to always MOVE FORWARD … no matter what life threw at him … he always moved forward!