Summary: This is the 3rd sermon in the series "Fruit Producers".
Series: Fruit Producers [#3]
FRUIT OF PEACE
Galatians 5:22 says, “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace…”
1. The Hebrew word for peace is shalom. It means freedom from trouble, experiencing the highest good, enjoying the very best, possessing all the inner good possible, wholeness and soundness, prosperity in the widest sense, especially prosperity in the spiritual sense of having a soul that blossoms and flourishes.
2. There is the peace of the world. This is a peace of escapism, of avoiding trouble, of refusing to face things, of unreality. It is a peace that is sought through pleasure, satisfaction, contentment, the absence of trouble, positive thinking, or the denial of problems.
3. The peace of the Lord is not the same as the peace of the world.
Peace With God
1. Peace with God comes only through salvation.
2. Peace is always born out of reconciliation.
3. Its source is found only in the reconciliation wrought by Jesus Christ.
Peace Of God
1. A peace deep within.
2. A peace of conquest.
3. A peace of assurance.
4. A peace of intimacy with God.
Peace From God
How does a believer experience God’s peace?
1. By justification.
2. By loving God’s Word.
3. By praying about everything.
4. By being spiritually minded.
5. By keeping his mind upon God.
6. By keeping God’s commandments.
1. Christians, is the fruit of peace evident in your life?
2. If not, what do you need to do to change?