Summary: I can’t control/conditions/life I can control/atmosphere/heart
Pastor Allan Kircher
November 9th, 2014
Shell Point Baptist Church
Make it your habit.
***all sermons are condensed in form****
Long winded sermons/get here/fight the devil
• Phil 4:1…..not telling them to stand firm/brave heart way
• Not/Daniel/lions den way/saying stand firm/everyday life
• Sometimes/can’t make much progress
• All you do is stand/last place Christ showed you.
• Just standing sometimes/shows strength
• Tells them how/stand--last week/how/brave/waves.
I can’t control/conditions/life I can control/atmosphere/heart.
• When I learn/speak peace/my heart
I can/peace/midst/any storm
• That’s v.6-7/peace of God…..
• Today v.8-9….finally/means /preacher …nothing
• v.7 peace of God. V 9 God of peace………
• Don’t just have peace God gives
I have/God who gives peace.
• Not just his resources but--Revelation his very presence
• Listing stuff, whatever…..true/noble/lovely/admirable.
• Sounds/stoic philosopher says “think about such things”
• Translated means “make it your habit of thought”. ….
• Read like catalog from God.
• Last week Paul says be anxious for nothing…..
• today He says OK you need/absolutely consumed/obsessed
• You can’t live a courageous life w/o have/concentrated mind.
• Last week/anxious heart robs you of peace.
• I believe also an unfocused mind will break your faith.
Fear/faith actually more/common--we put them as opposites
• Both similar that they/both powered by focus.
• Fear/result of focus------faith/also result of focus.
• If your life is currently consumed with fear
• I guarantee you are focusing on the wrong things.
Paul says these whatever things--------fall/list
• Here---checklist/all stuff you can dwell on, focus on.
• A lot/get/trouble/God because our focus what we can’t do
• what we can’t have, just like Adam/eve/garden
• eat/any tree…..which one do we go too—
• the one were not supposed to touch.
Paul/saying, I’m giving you some things you can think about in an unlimited way.
• Here/some examples. Whatever is true,noble….like Joy
• I’m working my bullpen I’m trying to be happy at home.
• Focus about such things, cause faith/byproduct/correct focus
Stop asking God to increase our faith
while were asking He’s telling us/increase our focus.
• Paul/talking/Phil. Church under a lot of persecution.
• Philosophical questions personal issues/political issues.
• don’t make/more difficult/simply/”eye on Jesus.”
• Don’t look/things/get us down/disruptive/fearful
• Don’t mean sound so simple put “Eyes on Jesus.”
Make it your habit…x2 Habit of thought
• go over to 2 cor/show you what else Paul wrote
• thinking this doesn’t match what you had before
• Paul talks about the battle we face in our faith
our weapons/not/worlds weapons--invisible not visible.
If you have thoughts/torment you…………….
• if you have thoughts/torment you this is/verse
• Memorize cause it will obliterate the opponent you have been losing to all of your life----if you activate this verse.
• 2 Cor. 10:5…argument/anything against God.
• says your one thing/you feel like another
• Has promised you one thing and another is happening in your vision
• Demolish that argument
• Not just the argument but every pretension…..etc.
Back to Phil 4:8….read…..question today:
• What/holding you back/being what God/called you to be
• From accomplishing the dreams he’s giving you
• From changing/parts he doesn’t like/you/you don’t like
• “what’s holding you back/what’s holding you back”
You/list things, people/financial situations/health conditions
• Here’s what I learned it’s really not/things/holding you back
• Somebody/same row/dealing/same things you’re dealing with
• Their doing it/courage/faith/victory/overcoming spirit
• You’re doing it in fear/weakness
• It’s not/thing/makes/difference
list/same thing/two different people
• not/thing/holding you back
Quit making excuses for you apathy--broken things in your life.
It’s never/thing/holding you back
it’s how you think about/thing/holds you back.
Most of us never stop to think about what we’re thinking about
• never stop to think about/things were thinking about
• think about such things, what things
Whatever is true/noble/lovely pick/things brings God praise Pick/things/empower your spirit
• Pick/things give you a perspective of gratitude
• Think about such things
Tell someone “Make it your habit” we need to learn to do.
• “Make it your habit”
• Paul is saying “look up/all kinds of things/praise God.
There are all kinds:
• Reasons/remember/faithfulness of God
• things God/put in your path to speak to your potential
When you get thought: “Make it your habit”
• Goodness of God/gives life/I can do it/I can make it
• God isn’t done with me. I’m gonna be alright
• “Make it your habit” X3 what habit? whatever is true…
Notice he didn’t say whatever is fact because whatever is fact is not true. I tell you how I know.
• Fact they killed Jesus/his body was/grave
• But/truth he/resurrection/life and if you destroy this temple I’ll build it back in three days.
• That’s the truth that’s the truth “Make it your habit”